CHANGE and ADD buttons - future enhancement

Jade

Hi! Just upgraded to the new version and am really liking it so far. :D

I have noticed one thing (old version too) that could be enhanced to make my life easier. I download almost all my input to ICash which means I have a substantial amount of changing to do, and very few new transactions to add. It would be really handy if I could set the default to be the CHANGE button instead of the current default of ADD. Alternatively, a hot key combination would be ok as well. I find having to drag the mouse down to the change button to be cumbersome when doing a lot of transactions. I also find I accidentally add transactions sometimes because I forget that I can't just hit the enter key to complete my change and move to the next transaction.

I try to leave my cursor on the change button if I can, but I also noticed that the cursor arrow disappears when you tab into the comment field (I think it was comment) so even though the cursor is really still sitting on the change button you can't physically see it.

Not a huge deal, but as I said, I think it would really speed up my entry and just simplify things for users who make more changes than actual additions.

Oh, and I'm using on an IMAC running OS X version 10.5.6

Thanks again for a great product and support. I continue to be impressed. :D

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but I just wonder what shortcut we could use here... It is a quite difficult change in my opinion.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I have added the 'Transaction -> Save' menu with the Cmd+S shortcut. It is like clicking on the Change button.

Jade

Wow! Thanks, can't wait to try it out. I'm glad you could manage to make it happen - and I can't believe how quickly. :D :D

Jade

Love It

Wow, thanks so much! It works really well, it has definitely sped up my input process. I like the release, 5.2 is excellent so far! :D

jariev

I tried to use this feature but in the windows version of iCash 5.2 "ctrl+s" does not work as it is used in a different place too. (It opens the window to plan transactions)