Category Statement

xnitinx

There is an option in iCash to see statement of Account (Account Statement).
Is there an option to see "Category Statement"?
For example, under category "bank" there are 2 accounts i.e. cash & saving account. Can I see or export statement of the category "bank" as a whole?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should have a 'Bank' entry as the first choice in the list, don't you? That will create a statement for all bank accounts.

xnitinx

Yes, but it is not like account statement.
I actually want to have date wise transaction statement of category, the same way it is there in case of account statement.

xnitinx

I have defined a Category (under expense).
Under that category I have several Accounts.
I make transactions from cash into these accounts.

Now whatever cashflow which goes into these accounts will be an expense.
When I generate account statement for a particular account (by right clicking then selecting "account statement"), i am able to see the datewise details of the transaction under that accounts.

But what if I want to see details of all accounts under that "category" arranged in datewise manner ?
I actually want to have a screen under which I am able to see a Category total for selected range on top and datewise details of transactions of accounts below that.

I hope I am able to explain.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
So you want a 'Category statement' menu when you right-click a category and get all the transactions for that category similar to the account statement, am I right? In such case that would be a new report, 'Category statement', right?

josomar

Hola xintnix, lo que pides tu, no sera parecido a lo que sugeri el 15 abril 2011 y replique en febrero de 2012.
Yo lo formule en cuentas, pero lo ideal seria.
CATEGORIAS - CUENTAS Y PROJECTO.

Mira en el forum en estas fechas mi petición.
Saluos.