Can't set permissions on my Apple server

Hi Stan,
Well I spent the better part of today trying to make MBM's MLM setting to recognize the Public and Im folders. I remembered from my past pain that I could set this. So apple walked me through "Terminal" to set the permissions. Before this step I showed the Apple tech David a get info screen for both the Public folder and the Im folder. The info screen showed that the folders had permissions for everyone except "Spotlight. Once the terminal modified CHMOD to "755" I got info again on the folders and sure enough the permissions now read that I only have access to Read & Write. I then went into Dreamweaver to verify the CHMOD and lo and behold, the permission were set to "0" and MLB kept denying access with the following error code "103" and then a long string of number saying the Im and Public folders didn't exist and/or the URL isn't valid or I didn't have permission. I'm attaching the error screen

At this point Apple, Adobe and me are stumped. Now I've repaired this before put it on a non server machine.

My set up. MacPro 2008 w/system 10.10.5, 10gigs ram and 2gigs of video ram.

First, is there a solution to this problem? I can't be that stupid that I can't make a simple change in permissions happen as I used to. Will you assist me in this???

Jim Graniela

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM was designed to be installed in LAMP servers. LAMP stands for a server running the Linux operating system, the Apache web server, the mySQL data server and the PHP processor. This kind of server is very common. It looks like you are trying to install MLM on your computer, am I right?