Can EBH dredge DSNs in an existing Outlook folder?

David Anderson

I have just downloaded eMail Bounce Handler to give it a trial. However, I can't quite see whether it can handle my primary problem.

Due to my current lack of any form of bounce handler, I have collected many hundreds of DSNs in a handful of folders within Outlook. Is there any way that EBH can extract the failing addresses from these DSNs?

David

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can save them to files, with full headers, and drop them to eMail Bounce Handler.

David Anderson

I had already made a brief but unsuccessful attempt to save multiple DSN emails to a text file in Outlook 2007. However, I was making the assumption that highlighting several emails in the inbox and hitting the right mouse button was the way to find any such facility.

Your comment gave me the impetus to try a little harder and I have now discovered the correct procedure. After highlighting the required emails you need to select File/Save As via the main menu.

There are no options offered with respect to headers but obviously the resulting text file contains what EBH requires as the dredging process extracted a bunch of addresses from the file.

A bit more testing is required but it looks like EBH will meet my needs.

David