Bounce emails not getting returned to inbox

jessevickey

When sending bad emails directly from my email provider (e.g. "[email protected]"), I get the expected "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" sent to me.

But when sending the SAME bad emails through MaxBulk Mailer, I do not receive the "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" in my inbox.

In the MaxBulk Mailer 'settings', the from/reply to/errors email are all set to the same email address.

Any idea why, as I'd need these returned emails on my server to use eMail Bounce Handler?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
By default the recipient mail server will send the bounces to the message 'From' address or to the 'Error-To' address.

no-limits

hmmm..i have the same problem.
i make a small testlist.

3 corect emails from me.
delivered all corectly

aditional 3 mails with corect domain but wrong name.
example:
[email protected]

and 3 totaly wrong mails.
example [email protected]

this wrong mails dont come back, but if i send it from my mailprogram, se come back.

'From' address and 'Error-To' address. is the same adress i send the mails.

wat i doo wrong?
thats strange !!!???

no-limits

ok, i find it out after googeling, testing and searching :)

maybe its help somebody.

if you i use cpanel, then its important you ad a corect e-mail on System Mail Preferences.
standard is root, this is wrong, you must aad a corect e-mail.

see picture, this is wrong, and read the footer from the picture!

coool

Im using the un-registered version of MaxBulkMailer to test it out first before buying the program. I have my VPS setup and they have also installed hmailserver on my server, they have checked to make sure everything is working good and it is. When using Maxbulkmailer I go to settings, put in my server ip address, username and password, aswell as all the other req info. I click send and I always get the error message,