Blank emails and can't open/find .mbm file

awe

Working on Windows 7
MaxBulk Mailer v.8.5.1_US
Installed today.
Set up new file, saved file and sent emails.
Responses saying emails were blank.
Now can't open the .mbm file either from Documents or from inside MaxBulk mailer.
Get a brief flash of a dialogue box implying it will open and then disappears.
Found it under Window option but not showing anywhere else.
MaxBulk mailer sits there with Untitled at top and no activity.
File now has no message and all recipients gone.
When working in the file earlier, the message was in enriched text. When checked Preview after feedback it was showing blank.
Trying again to reload all emails and rewrite message. Will update later.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It would help if you could send me a numbered sequence of actions so I can try to reproduce the problem here.

awe

Hi
We have now redone a new file, retitled, populated and message back in.
We have the Message visible in Styled text under the Message tab and when go to Preview the screen is blank with no headers.
When the message is set to Plain text it then becomes visible in Preview.
Under Preferences, under Appearance, Message is set as Default. Format is set as Plant Text with same encoding as on screen iso-8859-1. As per Factory settings.
We want to send in Styled but cannot get it to show in preview and as before will probably send blank emails.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Is your message containing characters like '<' or '>'? Styled Text is converted into HMTL and supports the insertion of HTML code. As a result HTML stuff will break your message if they contain errors.

crazylev

I am having an issue with MBM not being able to open a MBM document correctly also and I am on a mac, 10.10.5

Here is what is happening: First i noticed all but a few of my MBM doc icons have changed. From the finder, if I double click to open a MBM document and launch MBM, nothing happens. I can launch MBM by going into the apps folder. I can then open a few files, but as the original poster mentioned, some open with no content in either the message or the preview window. If I close that file and try to re open it, sometimes the content reappears in both windows.

Before all this happened, I went to open a MBM document by double clicking and got a message I wish I had written down. It was something like "In your security preferences you were not able to use FRp from Maxbulk mailer or something like that, so I went to security settings and allowed whatever that was to be used.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In Mac OS you can click a MaxBulk Mailer document, select the Finder 'File > Get Info' menu and assign an application to that document. Something very similar can be done on Windows.

awe

Still getting blank emails in Preview when using Styled text.
Plain text poses no issues, we see headers and all body text.
If in Message we set to HTML or Text/HTML in Preview we only see the headers and no body text.
If in Styled text we see no headers and no body text.
We have removed all email addresses and web links.
We have typed the message in into the Message screen. Deleted out all white space around any email addresses and into the words around, hoping, naively, to delete any invisible attributes.
Interestingly the original message we cut and pasted in the first mbm file which we lost was copied direct from the Message screen in an older version of MaxBulk Mailer for Mac on another machine. On that system we had no issues the same message content including links, email addresses and content in Styled text which was sending successfully on Version 8.4.9_US for OS X 10.8.5
To sum up we can only get Preview when using Plain text. Unfortunately the message looks less professional and the information less structured due no options for bold to highlight and manage the information.

awe

In addition, whenever we exit the mbm file and save changes, when we reopen the Message tab is blank.
Also in Recipients the list is blank and we have to select the required list form a drop a down.
This is different from my previous experience on the other version of MaxBulk when both message tab and recipient list were retained on re-opening the file.
Many thanks.

barriedack

I have just sent out 700 emails and most only contain the log - no body text.
I had troubles with display and picking up the CSS code correctly so completely r-installed the latest version
and it worked in test mode but has failed miserably with the real thing!
I have tried copying and pasting the raw headers but does not work.
Any clues, please?

barriedack

I have managed to extract the relevant header now.

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

----=BOUNDARY_1151611_YXGN_TIKY_MNVY_HDJB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

----=BOUNDARY_1151611_YXGN_TIKY_MNVY_HDJB
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

----=BOUNDARY_1151611_YXGN_TIKY_MNVY_HDJB--

However, I have not changed anything from my previous emails other than update the programme.

Any clues, Stam? Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that is with very last 8.5.1 we have uploaded right? Are you sending attachments? What is the message format?

barriedack

Yes, it is with 8.5.1. The only attachment was the logo and the format was html only. As previous newsletter compiled in Dreamweaver and then copied over.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What happens if you don't send that attachment but use the URL of the picture on your web site?

barriedack

I have just run it in test mode to see. The whole of the email appears but it is not picking up the CSS and appears as a mismatch of text and html.

However, in preview mode in the programme all appears fine.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There should be no difference, where are you looking at your test email? A webmail system?

barriedack

No, I read all emails in Mac Mail.

I have been away for a few days, I plan tomorrow to delete the programme, empty trash and then download it again. I will let you know whether this fixes the problem.

Thanks

barriedack

okay, I have made significant progress in narrowing down where the error might be!

I re-installed as I said I would and then ran a test emailing a few friends. This worked fine. However, when I went to send an actual email today in test mode I got back a blank email.

The difference? The trial was for a list I created and saved in MaxBulk Mailer. My actual mail-list uses MLM.

To overcome the problem, I exported my MLM list and then imported it into a new list within MacBulk Mailer. This has worked fine! However, this adds processes that I would prefer not to do. It also means that MLM only collects subscribes and unsubscribes and I don't get proper statistics as the box is greyed out.

I got two different raw source details from the blank emails which I can send to you. If it helps. But it appears I have the same problem as another user reported in the MLM Forum.

Please let me know what further information you would like me to supply you?

Thanks