Big problems with gmail

crayzn8

I have been using gmail with the latest version of MBM for a few weeks. For those that don't know, it seems like the send limit for gmail is around 450 emails a day. I started with 2 other gmail accounts to be able to do 1,200, and now after a few weeks I'm only able to send 10 emails sometimes when I hit my send limit for that day(on any account). I'm positive that it has been 24 hours since the limit was hit--everytime I try again. I've even tried just sending 1 email a minute. I do receive a lot of bounces from these addresses, but they didn't seem to be a problem at all at first. Could it be that a certain number of bounces over time or within an hour (from the 3 accounts) has flagged me for some reason?

I have a mac and am really considering using my own server and postfix. would I still use my gmail address for this, or how would it work? Will it matter where I am, because I'll be traveling a lot. I have read over the pros and cons, but being able to send out 5 times as much (or more) everyday seems to make it worthwhile.

I just have a small audio production business and I need to keep these introductory emails sending out! Please help!

Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What about getting a web hosting package? They use to come with a SMTP server. The other solution is in fact postfix. I am not aware of those GMail issues but I guess they can take any measure to limit your account.

crayzn8

I'll look into the web hosting options. But would I use my gmail address if I went with postfix? I don't understand how it works exactly. Could I travel with no restrictions?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can use your Gmail address as the sender as longer as the server allows it. Most servers will.