auto Installation FAIL manual installation FAIL

emjayfour

I tried doing the "MaxBulk Mailer > Install MLM" menu installation and it only gives me 2 green check marks and stops.
The 2 green check marks are the following:
STOR /scripts1/lm/html/index.html
and
STOR /scripts1/lm/html/subscribe_auto_multiple.php

So then I tried the manual installation method, and that produces
the following error on step #6:
"[an error occurred while processing this directive] "

I am willing to start over, but I just dont get what I am doing wrong?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what that error means since it is too generic. Have you asked your server support?

emjayfour

Yes, Bluehost went through all the criteria in the auto installation with me, and nothing worked. They said I should ask you everything.

I guess I will have to troubleshoot without them.

The things that were questionable to me for the mySQL installation were the following (you can just answer 'yes' if I was correct):
1) Server host address: I entered my domain name here
2) Account ID: The name of the user I created for this database?
3) Password: Password for the user I created
4) Database: The name of the database I created

For the manual FTP install, I have the following questions:
5) In the lm_settings.php file, the first two items are "$admin_id" and "$admin_password". Are these what I use to login to the Bluehost account? Or, is that the user name and user password I created for this database?
6) "$dbhost" should this be set to "localhost"?
7) "6.- If you have selected to use mySQL run the script with the ‘Init’ command: http://<script_path_here>/lm.php?cmd=init&pwd=password" WHAT exactly do u mean run the script?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) Server host address: I entered my domain name here
I don't know that info, only you and your server know it.
2) Account ID: The name of the user I created for this database?
Make sure it is a full access account. also able to create tables.
3) Password: Password for the user I created
Yes.
4) Database: The name of the database I created
Yes.

For the manual FTP install, I have the following questions:
5) In the lm_settings.php file, the first two items are "$admin_id" and "$admin_password". Are these what I use to login to the Bluehost account? Or, is that the user name and user password I created for this database?
No, it is for MaxBulk Mailer to connect to MLM. That data has to match the one in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences.
6) "$dbhost" should this be set to "localhost"?
Only you and your server know that info. It can be 'localhost' or a full server address.
7) "6.- If you have selected to use mySQL run the script with the ‘Init’ command: http://<script_path_here>/lm.php?cmd=init&pwd=password" WHAT exactly do u mean run the script?
Calling it with a browser but this step is not really needed.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Easy, log into MLM with you browser and try to create a list and then add a recipient to a list, try to delete the recipient or the list. If you can do all that it is because the account has enough privileges.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You mean you set your password in the lm_setting.php file and then use the same one in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences? Are you sure?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The file is labeled 'lm_setting.php' and it is located on your server, in the 'lm' folder.

This get more weird at every turn. I opened the file Im_settings.php and it's empty....

I don't understand why this is so difficult? Damn...

Look Stan, I've built web sites, directed & edited videos in this time and I just can't believe how difficult this installation is. Just like the person who started this question; the auto mode it freezes after the second file is installed. So, I've followed the manual installation to no avail. You guys need to do some work to make this auto install work. I've had this program since version 5 and I got it to work only once. In the meantime I'm limping along. Please give me some guidance. I can't keep this up much longer....

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM is quite simple, a few text files you upload on your server, set the permission and run. Now, if the files are not uploaded properly, the permission not set correctly or the server not set as it should, it can be problematic.

Look Stan, in the real world the auto install has never worked. And yes, it is simple for you but, as you can see from the volume of comments you receive many, many, have issues with installation.

So, please ask your development team to work on future auto installs so these issue disappear.

Jim G

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am the developer of MLM, MaxBulk Mailer, the installer and all the FTP libraries used by that installer. In last MaxBulk Mailer v 8.3.3 I fixed all the problems I know about related to this installer. Are you still unable to install MLM with MaxBulk Mailer v8.3.3 built-in installer? If so, what problem?

Yes, I receive a lot of comment because I have done something very few or almost nobody has done. This is the price I have to pay.

I finally got it to work. :p

By the way I have version 8.33 and well it still doesn't auto install...

And just for the record; The program is damn good considering what it costs. In other words, keep up the good work. :D