attachment of jpegs, tiffs

Previs

I am having trouble adding a jpeg or tiff picture into the boy of a message...

it is there as an attachment but it used to always also be in the body of the email....any suggestions?

Previs

dragging them in like MaxBuilder says. I just noticed that the attachment that wouldn't enter the body of the email was 233.9KB and the Tiff that did go into the body if the email was 59.7KB. If this is the answer (and I am computer illiterate) can I make the jpeg/tiff in a size lower than 200KB? If so how?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Better send only JPG, GIF or PNG images. Do you drag and drop the picture to the message body or the the attachment panel?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What do you get if you grad and drop the picture to the attachment panel? That should avoid the picture to be displayed in the message body

Previs

the problem is that I WANT the picture to be in the body of the emails....most people do not want to bother opening attachments. I tried both ways...all I get is the dialogue <<<....jpeg>>> sometihng like that....thanks for responding

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you want your recipient to see the picture it has to be indeed dropped to the message body. Only JPG, PNG and GIFs will be shown properly, I mean, as a picture. You talk about a dialog. Can you tell me what it actually says?

Previs

this first message appears in the message...
{File:"Acraig announcment.b2(2) copy"}

this actually shows the picture when sent
{File:"CD cover_craig.tiff"}

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Don't use tiff. Only JPG, PNG and GIFs. Also it is much better if you avoid spaces in the name.

mepossem

how with image on a .mac account

how to proceed with an image on a .mac account?

have been trying but can t get anywhere ...