argenta bank Belgium

bartman

Hello
anyone using this bank? They offer csv but icash (latest version) can't import the transactions. It probably has something to do with the date format. Is there a solution? Is it possible to upload a few lines of the csv-file so that you can take a look at it?
Thanks a lot

willemstein

ING.nl also uses .csv.
I struggled with this for quite some time - iCash does not import these files, because they do not contain category and account information, as used in iCash.

As a first step you could export some transactions from iCash to .csv, and study the format of that file. To import transactions from another source the transactions must be in that format.

This is what I did, anyway. I cobbled together an applescript to convert ING's .csv files to something iCash will understand. I don't think there's another way, aside from doing it by hand in Excel, which makes it a fulltime job : )

bartman

If I can remember correctly, some time ago , I put in manually some transactions in icash and did an export and opened that file in excel. I than downloaded some latetest transactions from the bank and made sure the look of both files was the same. I did a copy paste from the downloaded bank file to the file that was created by iCash export. When doing the import in iCash, there was a progress bar, but at the end, nothing got imported.