adding more than 1000 recipients to a list

Craig_S

Hi

I have a list with 6300+ emails, When I try to upload it to MLM, it stops at 1000. I have read about sending limits that my ISP might have, but does that also include how many people can be added to the list?

I am not using my ISP for the outgoing mail anyways, I have an account with AuthSMTP that handles outgoing mail, so that should not be a problem. Just want to make sure that everyone is on the server side list so that the unsubscribe feature will work correctly.

I have also tried uploading the list via the web interface and it just does nothing. Tells me that 0 addresses wren imported.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Craig

PS, running version 8.4.9 on OS X 10.10.4

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The upload to MLM window has a settings button that allows you to stagger the uploads into chunks and insert a delay between each upload. Have you tried that?

Craig_S

stanbusk said:
The upload to MLM window has a settings button that allows you to stagger the uploads into chunks and insert a delay between each upload. Have you tried that?

Hi Stan,

Did not know about this. Looked at it and it appear that I have been able to upload, but when I view the the list via the website, every time I refresh the page it shows a different number of recipients. I have no idea if they are all uploaded or not.

For instrance, the web based list told me just now that I had 4998 members. I uploaded more, as the full list should be 6345. I waited until it told me there was a time out error and checked the list on the webside again, and it tells me that there are now only 3418? Everytime I click refresh it is a lower number.

What is going on?

Craig

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you have logged into MLM with your browser and each time you refresh you get a different number?

Craig_S

HI Stan

Yes that is what I mean. I have uploaded the list in segments, so must now send to 7 different lists, which is annoying but at least I will be able to get the email sent.

I would like to solve this issue though.

Craig

Craig_S

Hi Stan,

I am uploading importing the list from a CSV text file into MaxBulk Mailer, then uploading to MLM from within that. If I keep the lists at 1000 or less, it seems to work reliably, although MaxBulk Mailer reports an error everytime, if I check the webside list, it is correct. Go over 1000, and it gets all funky.

Craig

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but are saving the data as mySQL? or text? MLM works with both formats. mySQL is highly recommended. If you already use mySQL then you will have to talk to your server support, it is very likely they have some security turned on.

Craig_S

When would I save it as mySQL?

For fun I have created a mySQL database on my host, and successfully imported a CSV file with the entire list into it.

I have then tried to import that list into MBM via the Remote List import command. I have got to a point where I it appears to work, I don't get any error messages but nothing shows up in the target list. I am only trying to import Name and Email for this test.

I know that I need to get the list in to MLM, though and this is different I was just trying to familiarise myself with some aspects of mySQL.

1) So, Can I import a list to MLM, from a remote mySQL database.

2) Can you explain how / where I save the data as mySQL

3) Is there something I am missing about importing the list (from the remote mySQL) I did everything that was said, it appeared to work but did not.

4) Can you please just assume I don't know anything about this (because, that is very close to the truth :D ) and explain things in detail.

I have read the remote list section in the help section, BTW.

Thanks!
Craig

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) So, Can I import a list to MLM, from a remote mySQL database.
MLM only allows you to transfer lists to and from MaxBulk Mailer. I am not sure I understand your question. Please let me know if my answer is not what you expect.
2) Can you explain how / where I save the data as mySQL
This is automatic, if you set MLM to use mySQL it will use mySQL. The lm_settings.php file lets you set that along with the mySQL settings (server address, table name and credentials)
3) Is there something I am missing about importing the list (from the remote mySQL) I did everything that was said, it appeared to work but did not.
Not sue what you mean with importing a list from a remote mySQL. Are you referring to loading a remote list in MaxBulk Mailer?
4) Can you please just assume I don't know anything about this (because, that is very close to the truth :D ) and explain things in detail.
No problem, I am here for that. Also make sure you have read that page.