554 5.7.1 [P4] message blocked due to spam content in the me

ericb

I love MBM (8.4.4). But it appears after many years of use, I have finally been (unfairly) canned as spam. Got this error this morning when trying to send to my list: 554 5.7.1 [P4] message blocked due to spam content in the message.

My newsletter is utterly harmless (here's the link for it http://01753b9.netsolhost.com/Promotion ... index.html). Network Solutions is telling me to send it as an attachment or make a new newsletter. Oh well. I'll try one of the old templates from Email Campaign. This time I'll use plain text and see what happens.

:(

ericb

Re: 554 5.7.1 [P4] message blocked due to spam content in th

Just did this test: I went through the newsletter and deleted all references to photografix.pro and it passed. Looks like the provider has my domain name blocked—the same domain name I bought from them. Frustrating. Going to call them now. :evil:

ericb

Losers. Told me they can't do anything about configuring their spam filters.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Try to use the Text/HTML format with a text alternative. More information here.

ericb

stanbusk said:
Try to use the Text/HTML format with a text alternative. More information here.

Thanks, but I checked and my format is selected as Text|HTML

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Did you write a plain text alternative version of your message?

ericb

stanbusk said:
Did you write a plain text alternative version of your message?

Yes sir. A plain text test version. Anytime I included photografix.pro (with the exception of email addresses), it would be blocked. Very odd.

I wanted to add that this morning one of my co-workers received an email from me (we're both on the same domain name). It was a spam message selling pets or something. I compared the long headers and they looked almost identical to my good, real messages. All of this is happening around the same time as my provider banning my URL from my newsletter content. Could it be related? I have since changed our passwords. Could someone have hacked my email account or is this a spoof? Could the MBM Delivery Report have compromised me? I am about to buy Intego's virus software as well. Maybe my entire computer is compromised.

I have attached both the bad and legitimate messages here for viewing.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

I recommend you to contact your server support as well so then can give you some explanation. Actually they are the one that block your message.

ericb

stanbusk said:
I recommend you to contact your server support as well so then can give you some explanation. Actually they are the one that block your message.

Will do