Search results

1. S

ESMTP server option doesn't list TLS

I have a client's server that requires TLS authentication for their SMTP server. However, in MBM under ESMTP selection, TLS is not an option. Only lists 3: "Login", "Plain", and "MD5 Challenge-Response" I see TLS listed under the POP authentication option, but that doesn't work and I seem to...
  2. S

unable to disable App Nap in MBM on Mac OSX El Capitan

Since upgrading Mac OS X to El Capitan, the App Nap checkbox has disappeared from MaxBulkMailer. Thus any batch sends start slowing to a crawl even if application is in foreground and computer has sleep turned off - and sends fine if you stay on the computer moving things around to keep awake...
  3. S

MBM memory leaking or CPU usage issues/crash

Hi, been a long time user, with only occasional problems. However, a new problem now when running MaxBulkMailer under MacOSX 10.10.3 on a Late2012 iMac. MBM runs fine, but with large lists it gets slower and slower as the send goes on. Current list is 10K plus emails (have sent 100K+ in...
  4. S

MBM Runtime error crashing under Mac Mavericks

FYI, I frequently get Runtime error and crash when using MBM under Mac Mavericks. I had never seen this error in 5-7 years of MBM use before until Mavericks upgrade. (not to say that error isn't possibly caused by a MBM upgrade either) Usually happens when either importing a large list OR...
  5. S

ALL bounces needed vs. just the emailed

I've been using MBM with BounceHandler for a number of years, so I'm quite happy and comfortable with it. However, bounces.... I've experimented sending my MBM email blasts through SendGrid.com (with small known test lists) and grabbed the bounces from their panel, and compared to mailing...
  6. S

'updating' import preset no longer works

when you modify an import preset now, it simply adds a new preset with the same name. Which makes it impossibly confusing with multiple presets all titled exactly the same. Older versions of MBM used to work correctly with the update import preset
  7. S

problems launching MBM on new computer

I have new laptop and copied my MBM over to it. It opens and runs fine, however only when I'm on the LAN reachable to my iMac where I previously had it installed. If I am away from my LAN (meaning not able to communicate with my old office iMac) MBM will hang when I try to launch it. It...
  8. S

BH not counting multiple bounces anymore.

with either a recent upgrade (or my OS upgrade to snow leopard) I now don't get Bouncehandler to add to the count number for a bounce already in the list (like it's supposed to do). Some emails will count but 99% just get added to the list again. a sort on the email column confirms the many...
  9. S

MBM 6.2 upgrade error opening some old files

I get the following error when attempting to open some of my older MBM files after upgrading to MBM 6.2-US today. It just won't open them at all and returns this: Runtime Error Location: /Volumes/RBUS/REALbasic/REALbasicXcode/../../Common/COntrols/AtsuEditControl.cpp:2518 Failure...
  10. S

import from remote database, import presets no longer saving

I had about a dozen database presets for the past year and a half. worked fine. Then all of a sudden (no sure if it started last recent software update or not) the presets are gone, and MBM no longer will save any of my presets either. Just a empty dropdown box after I try to save. Anybody...
  11. S

Return-Path header preference not being sent

I used to use a custom "Errors-To" header to all bulk mail. However, almost none of my recipients servers honor it. Upon looking at large commercial bulk mail I receive, all seem to use Return-Path for handling their bounces. So, I tried using MBM's 'Return-Path' custom header preference...