Recent content by MonHawk

1. M

iCash 7.6.5 freezing on Windows 10

As promised, two screenshots. One of the transaction window on my laptop screen, and another when it's on my extended screen. All looks normal and correct on the laptop screen, but it's not rendering quite correctly on the extended screen. As I say, I'm not claiming this has anything to do...
  2. M

This laptop (Dell notebook) only ever had Windows 10 on it, so it's a clean install of icash on Windows 10. The only non-standard bit of my setup is that I have attached the notebook to a KVM so that my display is extended to 2 screens. Can't imagine this to be the problem, but I thought I...
  3. M

Hi Stan, I just moved laptop, am now running iCash (latest version, 7.6.5) on Windows 10, and it's frozen several times already. Are you explicitly supporting Windows 10?
  4. M

iCash 7.6.3 crashes on startup

Thank you - all good now after uninstall, reboot and installing 7.6.4.
  5. M

iCash 7.6.3 crashes on startup

I have just upgraded to iCash 7.6.3. When starting it, it crashes with the following message: q3TDgcZ4p2up0Z77amQP 00000E74: iCash.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ?get_ULong@Value_Raw_imp@fbl@@UBEIXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library...
  6. M

Corrupted Comments (again)

This is an example of what's in the xml file: <f n="Transaction_Amount"> 14.990000</f> <f n="Transaction_Comment"><![CDATA[]&gt;&lt;/f&gt;&#x0A;&#x09;&#x09;&#x09;&#x09;&#x09;&lt;f n="Transaction_InvoiceNum"&gt;&lt;![CDATA[]]></f> <f n="Transaction_InvoiceNum"><![CDATA[]]></f> (Note that...
  7. M

Ok, have managed to finally download Valentina Studio, but when I try to open the iCash database it says "You're trying to open the database with version 2.96 while the Valentina Studio uses version 2.128. If you will continue the given database will be automatically converted to version 2.128...
  8. M

no I've not heard of Valentina Studio. Are you suggesting that as a way of fixing the problem, or diagnosing it?
  9. M

Yes I did. And the bad comment 'sticks'. (I know, sounds weird, but it really does). So I exported to xml. Took the bad comment out from xml. Created a new iCash file with the 'clean' xml. And everything was fine for a bit - then I noticed another corrupted comment. I do realise this is not...
  10. M

Stan, I assure you that it is the case that: 1) I had a normal icash file that I'd been using for ages which suddenly 'developed' a corrupted comment like this 2) I then exported the xml, fixed the corrupted comments, and started a new icash file by importing this xml 3) everything was ok for...
  11. M

Hi Stan, I reported some corrupted comments last week - I cleaned up the XML file and re-imported, but today I have found some more, there is definitely something scary happening and it's making me very nervous about the integrity of my data. Could it be some line-ending issue, or some other...
  12. M

Lost information in comments

If it helps, I've done an XML dump. For the strange characters, I have the following inside a record: <f n="Transaction_Comment"><![CDATA[愀氀 爀甀]]></f> When I go to that transaction inside iCash, and try to replace that comment with something else, it looks for a moment as though it...
  13. M

Lost information in comments

Hi, I am suddenly getting corrupted comments too. Having used iCash for years - I suddenly now have some transactions with all sorts of strange characters in the comments, and other transactions with comments that look like bits of other comments joined up. I've tried to do the usual stuff of...
  14. M

Duplicate Transaction is crashing iCash 7.6

Yes I have tried to re-index, and this made no difference. It happens consistently - with Right-Click "Duplicate", and also Right-Click "Transfer To". It happens both if I do it on a transaction in the Overview window, or in the Transactions window.
  15. M

Duplicate Transaction is crashing iCash 7.6

Hi, Since downloading iCash 7.6, if I highlight a transaction and choose right-click -> duplicate, iCash crashes.