Recent content by DavidP

1. D

setting MailFrom Address on mlm msgs

I just moved from MLM on one machine to new version LM on another - seems to work except the "mail from" on the confirmations is being pickup up from the computer name XXX.local rather than the [email protected] - how do I fix this?
  2. D

How does MLM send mail?

OK - figured it out if anyone else wants to do it On OSX 10.5.x you can edit the main.cf file in the private/etc/Postifix folder, you can set it to relay to a mail server. David
  3. D

How does MLM send mail?

.... actually I was wrong about not being able to send to an external mail address - it does work for me..... but still I'd prefer the mails to redirect via my server
  4. D

How does MLM send mail?

I couldn't find anything at php.org - If we use MLM it will be on static IP/DSL line and some ISP's won't accept mail from this IP address as they think it is probably spam. If we send via our ISP's mailserver - no problem. So my concern is that the e-mail opt-in requests won't get thru...
  5. D

How does MLM send mail?

I'd like to have the MLM php send mail via my mail server rather than directly from the webserver computer as it does now. Can I change the smtp host easily - I see in the php.ini that you can do that for Windows only. Is there a way to change the php code to relay it to a mail server...
  6. D

How does MLM send mail?

ok - I got it - forgot to chmod the settings file, I think works now D
  7. D

How does MLM send mail?

Sorry to ask what must be a basic question. I activated php on my MacBook with the builtin Apache Server - I can create lists and subscribe - but How does the MLM send mail to confirm the subscription? Do I need sendmail or something? I have a mailserver on the network but can't see how to...