Recent content by DavidB

1. D

Problem opening .mbm files in 8.5.1

Thank you for the suggestion--I appreciate your help. I had tried it before, but just now I tried it again and it worked. I think the difference is that this time I chose "other" from the drop-down menu and re-chose MaxBulk Mailer.app from the Applications folder instead of just re-choosing...
  2. D

Problem opening .mbm files in 8.5.1

After upgrading from 8.5.0 to 8.5.1 (OS X 10.10.5), .mbm files don't open by double-clicking or dragging to the MaxBulk icon in the Dock. (They can be opened by File > Open and navigating to the file, although this is cumbersome.) Once a file has been opened, it can re re-opened from File >...
  3. D

Message received as already read

Yes--I understand that it is Mail, not MaxBulk Mailer that is marking the message as read. My question is why it is suddenly marking only messages with attachments from MaxBulk Mailer. (I don't have any rules to mark a message as read, and in any event haven't changed any rules for months.)...
  4. D

Yes--what I meant was whether something in the way the latest MaxProg update formats messages that could cause Mail to mistakenly mark a message read? I don't know what other changes in my system could cause this suddenly to happen. Maybe you could suggest? By the way, I have sent test messages...
  5. D

I don't think it's a rule--the message is landing in my Inbox as usual, with no rule applied. I am using POP, not IMAP. I don't think I have made any changes that might affect this. Could it be something in the latest MaxBulk Mailer update? Thank you, David
  6. D

Yes-- David
  7. D

With MaxBulk Mailer 8.4.9 (OS X 10.9.5, Mail 7.3), suddenly when I include my own email address in a Recipients list, I receive the message marked as read. (The message containing the MaxBulk Mailer Delivery Report is marked as unread, as usual.) I have tried sending to different email...
  8. D

Merge problem

In any event it's solved now, so no problem.
  9. D

Merge problem

Yes--I had opened a previous e-mail and saved it as a new one, made a few changes to the text (not the merge tags) and imported a new list. That is when I got the strange results. In any event, I have since re-saved the previous e-mail and haven't had further problems. I was just curious to...
  10. D

Merge problem

Sorry--it was [Firstname]. (I hadn't remembered it exactly when I wrote my message.) David
  11. D

Merge problem

[First Name] and [Company]. David
  12. D

Merge problem

That is the way the merge tags appeared (instead of "John" and "ABC Inc.") when I sent myself a test e-mail. They had appeared fine in the MaxBulk Mailer preview. David
  13. D

Merge problem

After thinking it over, I finally tried saving a previous mailing and modifying it with the current message, which solved the problem. I would still appreciate any suggestions as to what might have caused this though. David
  14. D

Merge problem

With MaxBulk Mailer 8.3.9 (OS X 10.6.8), I have two merge tags (First Name and Company) that I have successfully used in many previous mailings. They look fine in the preview but when I receive them as a test e-mail, they look like this: [<caron>?First Name] [Company] I have tried re-inserting...
  15. D

Very slow download

Just a small complaint: This is a great product but whenever there is an update, the download server is maddeningly slow. David