Unsubscribe Message in HTML format

lithoart

Can I replace msg_unsubscribe.txt with message with HTML coding?

I do not want them to see the full link of the SUBSCRIBE_URL.
Instead, I want them to be able to click on a button that links to the SUBSCRIBE_URL.

Is this possible? Can you provide me some direction?
I am not fully versed on PHP and HTML, so detailed step will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can't do that right now since no MIME header is added to your message right now. That means that if you send HTML, right now your recipients will receive the HTML source code. I take note of your request anyway.

lithoart

I suppose as a work around,
instead of
==================================
Hello,

Thank you for subscribing to our mailing list.

You have been subscribed to the list(s)

lithoart

I understand.

My concerns about hiding the full paths is
(1) I don't want other people to see it. Unfortunately, the
full path may seem non-genuine as it doesn't quite match anything in my actual company name. But it's propbably for better looks only.

(2) In your link http://www.maxprog.com/site/scripts/lis ... guide.html, you stated "Security -- If you are using raw text files rather than mySQL to store your data it is highly recommended to rename the mlm main folder and the different subfolders used by the script. In fact, other MLM users might know how to find your files and could easily steal them. Do your best to make it as difficult as possible.

Doesn't the msg_unsubscribe.txt give it all away?
If you were concerned enough to state that, shouldn't I be concerned?

Maybe there's another way?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is no problem showing the location of lm.php, it is just a script and it actually needs a user ID and password to get fully accessed.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Simply because if by default lists are in a given directory, it would be possible with a browser to point to it or point to files on it. Then you will get the contents of the list on your browser.

lithoart

So if I have a company franchise by the name "FRANCHISE_XYZ",
I should refrain naming the folders for the list FRANCHISE_XYZ?
Maybe something unrelated such as FRANCHISE_ABC, for security? So it's harder for others to work out my pattern?

Or password protect it? I this ON by default?