Understanding the Statistics

I love love love mlm
It's the best $10 I've ever spent on any software ever
I'm loving the stats although it's a little freaky being able to see who's reading my email in real time

I have 3 quick questions about the stats

1. What does the number in parenthesis mean? i.e.
Opening (40) or Opening (2)

2. I ran a couple of tests and the click through shows up if a recipient clicks through OR if they forward the email and THEIR recipient clicks through
Can I know for sure who clicked through?

3. Is there a document that explains the statistics in detail - I swear I've looked and looked and looked
Thank you
Miranda
Gainesville, Florida

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
#1 This number indicates the duplicates, the number of times the same action has been received from the same address.

#2 We can only register the click-through by email address so if others click all those clicks will be registered to that address.

#3 There is no document that explains the statistics since I believe it is quite straightforward. If you have questions, just ask :)

stanbusk said:
#1 This number indicates the duplicates, the number of times the same action has been received from the same address.

OK thanks - so then what is the 'action'?
- Clicking on an email
- Opening an email
- Forwarding an email
Or is each of the above considered an action?
i.e. If person opens an email 5 times and forwards it to 10 people would the number then register as (15)

I'm trying to understand what a recipient might have done to deserve the (36) or (40) - forward it to a group maybe?

Thanks again
Miranda

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The action is what the recipient did. There are 2 actions:
- Opened: The message was opened
- Click: A URL was clicked.

If the recipient opens the message 5 times you will get '(5)' added the the action. If the recipient manages to forward the message maintaining the contents intact and then 10 more people open it you will get '(15)'.

Just imagine your message is the selected one in the inbox or a folder. Each time the recipient select the inbox or the folder, you get a new open action added to the stats.

so here's an update on this question
i sent out a simple notification to my email list this
nothing fancy i.e. nothing to forward
so why would some people have opened it 130 or 60 or 43 times (see attachment)
i'm just trying to understand how this happens - and of course why!
thanks again
miranda

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am talking about an automatic forward. There are small companies where the same email is delivered to everybody in the company thru an automatic forward depending on the address you use.

oh i didn't know there was such a thing!
these emails are all private individuals - their personal emails
i check the one with (130) next to it and between 11.57 and 12.08 this morning it "opened" 3-6 times each minute

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The opening is triggered when you open a message. For example, if the message is on the Inbox and selected and if the user goes to another mailbox sand come back, the message is displayed again and the opening triggered. If the user goes back and forth to the Inbox 5 times and your message is last selected, you will get 5 openings. Maybe MLM should not track those duplicates...

oh - i get it now
so yes - switching off the duplicates would be sensible - the stats a bit misleading otherwise
thanks so much!
miranda