Some recipients receive an empty message

jrichelle

Hi,

I'm sending to my recipient list a newsletter in HTML ; I include the a line of text that should be visible for the recipients who can not see HTML.

Most of the recipients receive the message with the newletter, but some of them (very few) send me a reply telling that they received an empty message.

Does anybody knows why they are getting empty messages ? Are there mail servers or clients that filter the messages and remove the HTML contents ?

Jean

jrichelle

It is most probably a webmail reader.

I tried with two different webmails and one of them gave me the same behaviour.

Could it be because the message sent by MaxBulk does not contain a part containing "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;" ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer sends standard MIME message with the appropriate headers. What is the name of this webmail system?

jrichelle

I could not find a name for the webmail system ; it is the webmail of a provider in Belgium, Skynet from Belgacom.

jrichelle

NB That webmail system shows quite correctly a pure HTML message (without multipart by MaxBulk - multipart messages coming from other senders are displayed correctly)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. Are you sure the code used is standard and simple enough? I mean. sometimes web pages use tags, styles, javascripts...etc... but not all systems are prepared for it.

jrichelle

In both cases, i.e. with and without multipart, it is the same HTML code (for both, I choosed "Web Page", for the multipart version, I just added a text line (separated by a blank line)).
I'm trying to keep the HTML code as simple as possible, but yes I'm using internally defined style, but no javascripts