Rate currency with transaction

jbbeauf

Hello all,

I have some problems with transactions with differents currencies. Rates are not automatically completed :

For example :
- Euro is set by default on my configuration

==> Transaction 1 : amount in default currency
origin account : a bank account in default currency
target account : a bank account in foreign currency
Rate1 is correctly filled and the convertion is good (in blue under rate1)

==> Transaction 2 : amount in foreign currency
origin account : a bank account in foreign currency
target account : a bank account in default currency
Rate1 is NOT filled and if I don't enter any value it is set by default to 1. Why this rate isn't automatically filled with the good rate currency ?

I have also the same probleme with transaction between two accounts in the same currencie wich is not the currency by default ==> amount in foreign currency seems good because it has not the € euro symbole, but in reports I can see this amount in euro... ! It happens because rate2 is set to 1.000 by default... Why this rate isn't automatically filled with the good rate currency ?

Could someone help me ? I'm making big mistakes ? ...
Thanks !
JB

jbbeauf

Yes I read this page on the FAQ.

At the end there is an example of transaction : from an account in USD (default currency) to an account in EUR (foreign currency). It works, I have the same result.

But if I want to do the inverse transaction from an account in EUR (foreign currency) to an account in USD (default currency) it doesn't work. The rate is set to 1 : it's not the rates from the Currencies window wich is used.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, I have thousands of transactions that way in my iCash files, they all work well and all rate field have a correct rate. Could be a problem with number formatting?