Proportionally divided transactions?

reDDevil

Greetings!

Please let me know whether it is possible in iCash application to add such entries and how (If no, please recommend some):

There are 6 accounts. One day, the owner of one of the accounts makes a purchase on the 1200. This amount should be indicated as debit transaction on the account of the payer and proportionally divided between the payer and the other selected accounts. For example, 3 out of 6 accounts. Total collected funds from these accounts should be returned to a balance of the payer. It's just like a visit a restaurant with the friends when one of them pay by bank card and then get cash from others. I would like to probably see the following picture by posting just one record (if possible):
Acc1: -1200
Acc2: -300
Acc3: -300
Acc4: -300
Acc1: +900

At the same time, I would like to be able to use the external program (Excel or a text file) to prepare such records with variables for further imports (for maximum simplicity)

For example:
Date,Acc1,1200,Category,Sub-category,Acc2,Acc3,Acc4,Notes

Then import the pack of similar records to the program.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you try the 'Transaction > Split' menu? First create the master transaction, select it and then use that menu (or the contextual menu right-clicking your mouse). You will be able to split the transaction into peaces. Is that what you are looking for?

About your second request, I believe the Import From a Bank Statement would be fine if no account name is given else you can simply use the regular import.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
How would you implement that in iCash? Sorry to ask but I am quite confused :-/ I believe the split function can do that...

reDDevil

For the splits I have to input all the data manually - again and again for each split. IOU do it automatically. All I need is to choose who paid the amount, category and description and select who (accounts) shares this amount. Thats it. Buxfer.com demonstrates it perfectly

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it is like some kind of assisted split for that specific purpose. I guess the current split window could be enhanced to allow what you ask, some kind of button labeled, hum, not sure right now, and then the you auto-split between a selection of accounts...