mySQL can't authenticate?

philofaustin

So I've been stuck trying to setup my ml_settings.php with the right mySQL hostname/login, but I can't figure out what to put in here. I'm inputting my host, which I thought would be bestbloggers.com (you can see my page setup at bestbloggers.com/public/lm/lm.php). I've also tried my IP address associated with the host, no luck.

I'm also just putting the same login as my mlm account that I set up with my username as the database name to set up. This is all really new to me, so really I'm testing out everything I can to get it to work, but have no clue.

So here's my questions: Where would I find my hostname and mySQL login? Do I need to set up mySQL onto the host first, or does MLM do that for you? My account with godaddy does have mySQL running on it, which has it's own dashboard/ management system but I have no clue where it lies on the server to direct a path (I tried just referencing a database that already existed in MaxBulk, but couldn't figure that out either).

Please help!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
So here's my questions: Where would I find my hostname and mySQL login? Do I need to set up mySQL onto the host first, or does MLM do that for you?
Your host will provide that info. Usually thru the control panel you create a database and you get all that info, database name, server address... and you can choose a user id and password.

philofaustin

So through the manual MLM setup, I need to set up my own mySQL database on the host? I that the lm folder had everything I needed to create a mySQL database? I didn't see that in the tutorial page... maybe that's why automatic wasn't working for me.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM can do almost everything but you need at list to create an account on your mySQL server. That way MLM will be able to connect.