MLM works sort of

Terrell Smith

MLM shows my Main login, the Remote lists and Statistics. But when I try using <mysite>/lm/html/subscribe_auto_multiple.php to add users, it does the following:

1) The website shows the lists and login info OK
2) When the form is filled out and the Submit button is hit, it goes to a brief screen which says:
Redirecting... In just a few seconds, you will be automatically transferred to the new page. If you are not forwarded in 10 seconds, click here.
3) But then it goes to this page:
<mysite>/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php
[EDIT: I fixed this by changing the path in lm/index.html to point to my website]
4) BUT, the user is not added to any list.

What's wrong?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The page from is set to call itself when you press the Submit button. On line 44 The code:
Code:
$script_name = $script_path[ count( $script_path ) - 1 ];
tries to know the script name. Try to replace this with
Code:
$script_name = "subscribe_auto_multiple.php";

Terrell Smith

I tried that, but it still does not add new names to the list.
What it does, is return the user to the subscribe_single_fixed.php page.
But the info from the form has not been added to any list.

The same thing is true for the Unsubscribe button on the subscribe_auto_multiple.php.
It does not remove an address from the list.

So the Mailing List Subscription form somehow is not adding nor subtracting names from any list. Something is missing in the connection to the lists that's keeping it from dealing with the names.

It is reading the lists, just not putting the data into them.

Is there something I need to change in the script subscribe_auto_multiple ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look for:
Code:
$lm_path = "http".(empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])?'':'s').'://'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . str_replace( "html/$script_name", '', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] );
, line 48. Try too replace it with
Code:
$lm_path = "THE_LM.PHP_PATH HERE";
replacing THE_LM.PHP_PATH HERE with the path of lm.php on your server.

Terrell Smith

YES! That works! Thank you so much. :D :D

Now a couple smaller issues:
1) The subscribe_auto_multiple has fields for First Name and Last Name. In Preferences, I changed these Tags to GivenName and FamilyName. Do I also need to change the script to reflect this?
What's happening now is both the First Name and Last Name are going into the First Name field.

2) With multiple lists, the user who wishes to unsubscribe from one list, but is signed up on several lists, gets unsubscribed from all lists.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) The subscribe_auto_multiple has fields for First Name and Last Name. In Preferences, I changed these Tags to GivenName and FamilyName. Do I also need to change the script to reflect this?
What's happening now is both the First Name and Last Name are going into the First Name field.
You can change the labels but if you change the field name you will run into problems. MLM expects the fields to be named as you can see in the files.
2) With multiple lists, the user who wishes to unsubscribe from one list, but is signed up on several lists, gets unsubscribed from all lists.
Are you talking about a subscribe form? Which one?

Terrell Smith

stanbusk said:
You can change the labels but if you change the field name you will run into problems. MLM expects the fields to be named as you can see in the files.

No, I didn't change the script names for the fields. I just changes the "Tags" in Preferences. What happens is that if a person fills out the subscribe_auto_multiple online form, both the first name and the last name are put into the first name field in the data base.

stanbusk said:
Are you talking about a subscribe form? Which one?

Yes, the subscribe_auto_multiple form.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In the database, first name and last name are different fields, both in the statistic and recipient tables. You can check that with a database viewer. MaxBulk Mailer however, when showing the statistics, merges the fields.