Maxbulk for Dummies - SMTP question

Birel46

I'm thinking about buying this product but I am in no way a tech head nor do I understand all this talk about SMTP servers...

After reading through some of the threads please tell me if I'm understanding this product correctly before I buy:

Can I use my current internet connection (Cable Modem with Time Warner) and send out mass emails using Outlook WITHOUT finding my own SMTP server? I use a PC and my email account (Outlook) is setup with Time Warner ([email protected])....

Will I get bounced messages or blackballed like everyone else is mentioning if I use their server?

I saw in another thread that the solution might be to setup the emails to send every 8 seconds so that I will not get 30% of my messages kicked back. Is this how you set it up to work with an ISP like time warner? I only plan on sending out about 1000 emails every few days.

Please confirm if this software can be setup easily to do this for a dummy like me. Does anyone know if Time Warner has a limit to how many emails I can send out?

Please answer my questions in simple laymens terms...

Thanks
Birel46

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need Outlook to send e-mails. MaxBulk Mailer is an autonomous application.

The key to best results is to send as slowly as possible. That will avoid you being blacklisted and your messages being blocked.

Birel46

Okay, you didn't answer my question though....Can I use my existing ISP (Time Warner Cable Modem) with this program to send mass emails without experiencing blockages or bounced messages?

If yes, can you provide a simple list of settings to use to make this work for me?

Thanks
Birel46

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can use your ISP server. To avoid blockages ask them about the delivery limits if any and set MaxBulk Mailer accordingly using the Group and Interval options. About settings, you have to ask your ISP or look at your current mail reader application. The settings should be the same.