Improvement of the "Profit & Loss" report

TheOrbix

I use a lot the Profit&Loss report, since it provides a quick organized overview of my incomes and expenses within a certain period of time.

I believe that the report could be even more useful if it was possibile to have an option that creates the report with multiple columns, a for instance a column for each month.

Right now, if I - for instance - ask to generate the report of all incomes and expenses of 2008, iCash will produce a report showing only the total amounts of each income and expense category - from the beginning of the year until now.

A report with the amounts split per month (each column, a month and a last column containing the total), I believe it could be even more useful...

Do you believe this is a feature that can be added to a future update of iCash?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This report already exists. It is the 'Profit and loss summary'. Months are not displayed as columns but as rows though.

TheOrbix

stanbusk said:
This report already exists. It is the 'Profit and loss summary'. Months are not displayed as columns but as rows though.

Yes, your right... but the "Profit and loss summary" does not show the category details, just the summary.

On the other side, the "Profit and loss report" (I'm not sure if the english name is correct, in the Italian version of iCash that I'm using, the name of the report is "Rendiconto profitti e perdite") shows all incomes and expenses nicely categorized and grouped by macro-category, BUT it does not show the monthly detail...

Basically, I was proposing a combination of both reports, with a tabular organization.