EV uses old ISP address

Phil_H

I've removed all traces of EV from my Mac (G5 running 10.4.11) and re-installed the latest version.

Whatever I do in Prefs it still uses my old ISP ( blacklisted because my large mailing list hadn't been updated for years...).

I've tried a test email to myself in MaxBulk Pro with my new email address (btinternet as opposed to gmail) and it worked fine.

Is this a port issue? Any help greatly appreciated...

TIA

Phil

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean with using your old ISP? eMail Verifier performs direct connections to SMTP servers.

Phil_H

stanbusk said:
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean with using your old ISP? eMail Verifier performs direct connections to SMTP servers.

I still get some refusals quoting my old blacklisted ( Spamhaus etc.) ISP address even though I've changed provider and my settings in EV preferences...

Phil_H

stanbusk said:
At which point do you get those errors? When connecting to the SMTP servers?

Yes - the response would come back quoting my old ISP address for some reason (old system prefs buried somewhere?). I re-installed it on another drive using another OS (10.5) and it's ok now.

However, I'm still having problems with spam filters as my outgoing server has the same address as the incoming ( POP rather than SMTP) one! I know this is down to my ISP rather than Email Verifier...

Thanks for your help.