Credit Cards

alleyCat

Even though I use a credit card as a cash card (whatever has been charged to the credit card is automatically paid monthly from my Bank account) I have set it up under Liability.
But every so often something happens and the money paid - or part of it - gets refunded.
I entered it as 'Income' originating from the original Target account.
How do I verify if it works out correctly?
Whenever I try though a query, I get off results.
Is there another way of checking out the balance within the a particular Credit Card: charges and payments? If so, I haven't found the way to do it.
Thanks for our constant help and support.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
To enter a refund you have to enter the opposite transaction, the expense as the origin account and the credit card as the target account. No needs to use a third account.

alleyCat

Thanks, that's clear enough now. I sometimes get put off by the dot icons: as in this case it appeared White (Banks) and not Blue (Income), I wasn't sure.
As to the second question:
Is there another way of checking out the balance within a particular account? Such as Credit Card A: charges and payments? If so, I haven't found the way to do it. Just a simple balance sheet for a single account.
Thanks again.

alleyCat

Credit Card Report/Balance

Somehow, the way I was clicking, the right indics never showed up. How very stupid of me.
Thanks for being so patient with my blind-side!