click through vs. open rate ?

vortexcloud

Is there a way to track one and not the other ?
I like the open rate function but my customers dont like what it does to the links to track the click through, they are scared to click on them so the whole email campaign suffers. I just track the clicks by tracking the stats on the landing page. But I would still like to get open rate tracking.

wessley

Hi,

I'm sorry, but MaxBulk Mailer can't track click-throughs and message openings separately.

We'll consider this for future releases though.

Best,
Wes

vortexcloud

I have been experimenting with a hack to try to accomplish this, it seems some people complain they arent getting click through tracking as maxbulk is not recognizing the links and converting them to tracking links. So I figured out what conditions the app can miss the urls ie. lines breaks etc. and purposely created those and therefore the app will still track open rates but cant put in the custom click through links.

Is there anyway you can change maxbulk so it doesnt create such lengthy urls with click tracking ? I notice aweber's click tracking links are much shorter. My original urls are short but after maxbulk converts them the urls are really long, ending up 2-3 lines long. These scare people and sometimes get broken if they are that long.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The lengthy URLs are because they contain the click-through data. We could use shorter ones but you will get no data, just a click count. All the bulk systems I know use such URLs. Perhaps we could add a preference in MaxBulk to eliminate all the click-through info and just increment the count.

vortexclout

did this feature make it into the new 8.0 version ?

meaning, can it click open rates and click through rates separately ?