Can't delete List

rawiri

I'm using MLM 3.0.3 and apart from a few quirks (such as this one I'm about to explain) it's working great.

I have two lists with very similar names that were created while I was testing how everything worked. For some weird reason, one of them can't be deleted. I can see it in the the database (via PHPMyAdmin), the list via the browser and the MBM app itself, but when I go to delete it I get an error message saying that the list was not found on the server?

rawiri

Huh? Are you guys messing with me :D That's what I've been saying over and over again in this posting - it's even the title of the topic. I just tried to delete a list again using the browser, and once again:
1) the list I want to delete shows up in the listing of Lists
2) I click the delete icon to the left of the list I want to delete
3) I get a message asking me if I'm sure I want to delete that list
4) I click OK
5) I get an error message saying that this list I selected to be deleted wasn't found on the server.
6) I go back to the list of Lists and see that the list I want to delete is still there and so it continues.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is that you never respond with 'yes' or 'no' to my questions, you simply creates new phrases explaining what you are doing, what I expected from my question 'Have you been able to delete the list thru the web interface?' what 'yes' or 'no', then you can add any comment, that will avoid confusions, believe me. I am the developer of MaxBulk Mailer and MLM, I know about those applications however I am not a wizard and I still don't have the capacity to read others mind. :D

That said, you told me you have phpmyadmin so I guess you are using mySQL to store you data. Are you sure the mySQL account you are using lets you delete stuff? Can you for example delete a recipient?

rawiri

stanbusk said:
The problem is that you never respond with 'yes' or 'no' to my questions, you simply creates new phrases explaining what you are doing...

Apologies for what must seem like long convoluted answers - each time I thought I was continuing to say that no matter what I tried I still can't delete lists. If something had changed - e.g. you asked me to confirm (or try) again and it worked I would have said something.
I've learned my lesson now so to answer your question...
stanbusk said:
Are you sure the mySQL account you are using lets you delete stuff? Can you for example delete a recipient?

Yes, I am 100% sure that my mySQL account lets me delete recipients. It's the main admin account with ALL privileges. To confirm I've just logged into PHPMyAdmin and deleted a recipient from the 'problem' list and also another user from one of the other lists to be doubly sure (see attached screen shots).

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The mySQL command used by MLM is the same as the one you have used 'DELETE FROM table WHERE List = myList'. There is only one way to delete a list, using that mySQL command. Then the mySQL server will respond OK if successful or will return an error. In MLM the code to do that is one single line. You could try to activate debugging from the lm_prefs.php file and try to delete a list again. Perhaps you will get more information returned.