Auto Complete

MonHawk

I know this is a really old thread, but I am having this problem in version 7.5.

I haven't upgraded my software recently, but the problem started when I created a new iCash File.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The problem related on this post was fixed in 7.5. I guess it is something else, can you describe?

MonHawk

Well this is very strange.

I basically created a new iCash File a few weeks ago - but based on an existing one, importing balances (I just wanted to create a new one with just this financial year in). In the old file, account names were case insensitive.

The new file had all the old entries in it, but this time they were case sensitive. I could ONLY access them by typing the case correctly - i.e. exactly the problem as described in this post.

Having done lots of googling and finding these posts, I submitted my post. Then.. I shut down my iCash file and restarted it, and now suddenly it is case insensitive like it used to be!

I am NOT imagining it honestly - but I know it does sound strange. I'm a software developer myself so I am aware this sounds odd.

MonHawk

What I did was:

1) in iCash File Manager, click New and typed a name Test.iCash
2) in the Default Categories and Accounts dialog box, I selected "iCash File", and checked "Copy Balances" and pressed the "Yes" button
3) Chose one of my existing iCash files.

At this point it opens the new Test.iCash.
4) I went to enter a new transaction.
The Origin Account, Target Account and Payee/Issueing fields were all case sensitive, ie it wouldn't autocomplete anything that was in the incorrect case.

5) I closed down Test.iCash and restarted it again.

6) Went to enter a new transaction - all ok now, no longer case sensitive.

When I wrote the earlier post to report this, I must have not yet closed and reopened my iCash file. I did try to do File/Tools/Check Data but that made no difference. Simply closing and re-opening fixed it.

I have just replicated it again and got the same behaviour as described above.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Can you send me most recent files from '~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/iCash/Error Logs' ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Me refiero a volver a hacer todo lo que hizo a ver si crea un archivo de error nuevo con este mismo error. Es un comprobación. Solo necesito estar seguro que este error ha sido producido por lo que hizo.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Su documento sigue diferenciando las min√∫sculas de las may√∫sculas? Ha probador chequear sus datos con el menu 'Archivo > Herramientas > Comprobar los datos'?