Recent content by srelan

1. S

ESMTP server option doesn't list TLS

I have a client's server that requires TLS authentication for their SMTP server. However, in MBM under ESMTP selection, TLS is not an option. Only lists 3: "Login", "Plain", and "MD5 Challenge-Response" I see TLS listed under the POP authentication option, but that doesn't work and I seem to...
  2. S

unable to disable App Nap in MBM on Mac OSX El Capitan

Ok. will download new copy. Yes, that screen grab was taken during a newsletter send and you can see the column is labelled "No". Thanks for the help.
  3. S

Hi, thanks. Was waiting for next send to reply so could check what you asked. Here is screensnap of activity monitor under 8.5.1. I'm not sure if this is what you are saying I should see under App Nap column.
  4. S

Hi, thanks for the reply, but you didn't really answer my question as to why 8.5.1 is so much slower than all previous maintenance versions. (I've tested a couple older app versions taken from our backup server). The interval and all other setting are as requested by the SMTP vendor Sendgrid...
  5. S

Hi, I understand your point about slow, but not applicable in this case here. I am sending through a large national SMTP mail service vendor (SendGrid) who handles what is queued to them on their end and throttles speed depending on recipient domain, grey bounces etc. They specifically...
  6. S

That is what I am trying to explain. Running right next to each other (but one at a time), on the same MBM email/list file, 8.5.1 is 1/100th the sending speed on ElCapitan iMac or even an old 2010 MacBook Pro, then 8.5 is. 8.5.1 is unusably slow in sending. All mail is still going through...
  7. S

This is very confusing. Yes, I did, and yes the same applies to your answer to my original question, there is no App Nap checkbox in Get Info for the newest version 8.5.1. I runs a 1/10 the sending rate of the previous version (8.5) on the exact same saved file. I will start it on one...
  8. S

Thanks for the reply about the App Nap selection, however what is the issue with the speed limiting in 8.5.1 vs 8.5 ? That is the biggest problem. I thought it was due to AppNap, but when I found a copy of 8.5 on my backup disk and tried it, it worked great. 8.5.1 is unusable for the very...
  9. S

To add/modify above post, I found in my backup drive the previous maintenance release of MaxBulkMailer (ver. 8.5) and tried using it instead of the most recent maintenance release I had (ver. 8.5.1) – and it works perfectly fine... So this slow sending appears to be a problem in just the...
  10. S

Since upgrading Mac OS X to El Capitan, the App Nap checkbox has disappeared from MaxBulkMailer. Thus any batch sends start slowing to a crawl even if application is in foreground and computer has sleep turned off - and sends fine if you stay on the computer moving things around to keep awake...
  11. S

MBM memory leaking or CPU usage issues/crash

Hi, been a long time user, with only occasional problems. However, a new problem now when running MaxBulkMailer under MacOSX 10.10.3 on a Late2012 iMac. MBM runs fine, but with large lists it gets slower and slower as the send goes on. Current list is 10K plus emails (have sent 100K+ in...
  12. S

MBM Runtime error crashing under Mac Mavericks

FYI, I frequently get Runtime error and crash when using MBM under Mac Mavericks. I had never seen this error in 5-7 years of MBM use before until Mavericks upgrade. (not to say that error isn't possibly caused by a MBM upgrade either) Usually happens when either importing a large list OR...
  13. S

Mac OS 10.9

ok, wasn't aware of what this "App Nap" you referred to was. Googled it and disabled that. Yes, that fixed the issue of the App pausing when is minimized in the toolbar when running. However, it is still VERY slow sending mail under Mavericks even when the active app on the desktop. It is...
  14. S

Mac OS 10.9

I've also noticed that it slows way down or even completely pauses a send if you minimize the running app to the background under Mavericks. Under previous Mac OSX versions minimizing the app during a bulk send did not slow down the delivery at all. It also won't keep the computer from...
  15. S

ALL bounces needed vs. just the emailed

Got it. So does that mean I should have been getting "eMail Bounce Handler" to scrape the connection logs when finished sending to capture all of those 5xx errors? That seems to be what I was referring to that SendGrid tabulates for us in their panel after a blast....