Recent content by KML-Lex

1. K

Have installed successfully, now making no progress...

Yes, everything here is set up to connect to the internet through a proxy. Since I'm on a mac and can't use IE, I get asked for username and password to access the web and many local applications ask for the username and password also. I just wondered if there was a place somewhere in MLM to...
  2. K

After more discussion with IT, it seems that the problem is that we us a proxy to connect with the internet and that's why MBM won't talk with the MLM folder, no matter where it's located. Our mail server is only accessible from inside the office, so I can't simply use the program from home. Is...
  3. K

Maybe my next step should be to move MBM from my machine here at work to my machine at home and see how things work completely free of the network here...
  4. K

Yes, I can do all the stuff with a browser, add names, etc. Just not with MBM.
  5. K

http://www.madtea.com/public/lm/lm.php
  6. K

Well, I was able to manually install MLM on a different server and can now access everything through a browser successfully; edit lists, subscription requests, etc. But when I try to access the remote lists through MBM now, I get a "The URL is not valid" error. I've changed the URL in MBM...
  7. K

We do not have a CGI folder on our server. I think I'm going to try to install MLM on a different server outside the building just as a test. A lot of times things won't work here because they've got it so locked down. If I can get it to run without errors outside at least I can go to IT and...
  8. K

Let me explore that and I'll get back to you... Thanks again.
  9. K

I just checked and apparently we don't run mySQL on the server, I'm sorry to say. We used to on an old server and that's what made me think it might work. He said they don't support anything mySQL because there is no DBA for it, only MS SQL. Is it possible I have something wrong in the...
  10. K

I am using text files because I'm not familiar with mySQL...but if you think that would help I can start going in that direction.
  11. K

OK, I created the requests folder inside the lm folder, but still got the same error message when trying to add a recipient to a list. Additionally, when I try to unsubscribe using a link in a test email I sent myself, I get a slightly different server error message: We're sorry, but the...
  12. K

Everything should be set to 777, but I don't see a "requests" folder. Do I need to create one?
  13. K

The URL is http://www.kaba-mas.com/public/lm/lm.php, and the error message I'm getting when trying to upload a list or add a recipient to the lists that have been FTPd is Error - Server problem when reading list. Impossible to save request likely because the requests folder has wrong...
  14. K

I heard back from IT and they asked if there were different steps to take if working with a Windows based server. I tried changing the folder permissions using an FTP client on my mac and also a PC, but was unable to do so either. IT says what you have told me to try and what I've been trying...