Recent content by Bronwen

1. B

Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pages.

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa Thanks very much for the prompt and thorough answers!
  2. B

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa You've been so kind, I hope you don't mind a few more questions in this vein. - If I combine multiple lists into one with a new name and delete the original lists, what happens if someone unsubscribes from an old email link? - Is...
  3. B

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa It seems odd that MLM would automatically update "unsubscribes" in MaxBulkMail (when someone clicks through in an email), but would not automatically add "subscribes" in MaxBulkMail that are created with the MLM form. My conclusion...
  4. B

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa Thanks for your reply, stanbusk. I'm looking for an automatic update in MaxBulk for Subscribe. Is there a way to do that?
  5. B

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa I did that, and it worked, sort of. The new subscriber appears in "remote lists." Is there a way to have it automatically add new entries to the local list, similar to the way Max Bulk Mailer receives unsubscribe notices? I'm...
  6. B

Re: Renaming List Names to Match on the HTML Subscription Pa Please help me to understand this. I want people to subscribe to one list called "Bronwen_list" (the recipients list that I use in MaxBulk Mailer). In the file, "subscribe_single_fixed.php" do I change this line: if ( isset(...
  7. B

Gobbledegook in [unsubscribe]

That's a good point about few using the text part of text/html. I'll include a note about copying and pasting the long link and stop worrying about it. Thank you, stanbusk. Bronwen
  8. B

Great tip, but I'm using text/html. In the plain text portion, it's gobbledegook in the preview and in the test email. Is there a way to hard code the entry to fill in the info on the unsubscribe page, without using the "unsubscribe" tag, as in something like the example below...
  9. B

I'm trying to use a direct "unsubscribe" in my email messages like the one in the "activate" email, because I don't want people on my list to have to remember how they registered. The problem is that the [unsubscribe] tag makes a very long line of gobbledegook that would require careful copy...
  10. B

Need Comcast Business Class Settings --- SUCCESS!

Cool. I'm so proud! The service tech told me all of Comcast's email is now on Exchange servers, so the authentication may be ESMTP with Login for all. I have no idea if that is true.
  11. B

Success! Comcast Business Class settings After hours of runaround yesterday, the new Comcast tech support I reached this morning actually looked at the data produced when I tried to send from MaxBulk Mail. She opined that Comcast's firewall was "protecting" our business account and there...
  12. B

log of errors Hello, Wesley. Thanks for asking. I managed to get the SMPT host to answer using "smtp.comcast.net:587" with "TLS v1 Exp" It looks like the Comcast server tries several authentication schemes. Nothing works after that. ===== [01] 5/6 07:33:38 > MAIL...
  13. B

We have a Comcast Business Class account. The Comcast setup at maxprog (http://www.maxprog.com/site/support/us/ ... mcast.html) doesn't work, probably because the business class account is on an Exchange Server. I've tried every combination of authentication I can think of to no avail...