You can import recipients from FileMaker databases two ways. First is simply exporting FileMaker records to a plain text file and then importing that file to MaxBulk Mailer. Second way is directly from inside FileMaker, using a script. This second method works only on Mac OS X though.
Exporting records to a plain text file:
- Open your FileMaker database.
- Select the 'Records | Show All Records' menu and/or perform a search.
- Select the 'File | Export Records...' menu.
- Select 'Tab-Separated Text' from the Type pull-down menu.
- Give a name and press the Save button.
- Import the resulting file using MaxBulk 'File | Import from a file' menu.
Note that for this last step, you have to make sure your file fields are properly lined-up with MaxBulk's. Use the 'Up' and 'Down' buttons on the right to move MaxBulk fields until they match your file fields and uncheck the one you don't need.
Using a FileMaker script (Mac OS X only):
You have to follow the FileMaker integration guide that comes with the software. It explains you how to:
- Add a calculation field to gather the record data.
- Create the script defining the event type and target application.
- Eventually, how to assign your script to a button.
WAIT! In order to add a comment below just use your Facebook, Google+, Twitter or Disqus login data.