Your Update Plan has expired...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a test, have you tried to run the software from a different account on your computer? Something is preventing eMail Verifier to use the console tool. Maybe a permission problem? If that doesn't fix the problem I will see if incrementing the timeout would fix that problem, right now it is 2 seconds.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

ingohz

Different account and same computer/location makes no difference but I did some tests on a virtual machine:

• eMail Verifier unregistered, different versions, different IPs: no problem
  • eMail Verifier registered, different versions, my gateway IP: Shell timed out
  • eMail Verifier registered, different versions, everything except my gateway IP: no problem

As the registered version calls home: You are sure that my gateway IP is not blocked for some reason and that results in "Shell timed out"?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The call-home function uses the HTTP protocol on port 80. It checks for new versions and if there is an active update plan. The DNS lookup uses a completely different protocol and port and is handled by another application. Your issue is completely unusual, reason why I ask all those questions. Actually, I have never heard of that problem before :-/ ... I don't know why it works everywhere but on your computer :-/

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!