Working with dates

kev

Can you explain how I work with dates in an IF statement. I can't seem to get it to work.

What I need to to change text based on whether a date is less than today's date.

kev

stanbusk said:
What are you trying to do? Do you have an existing conditional statement?
I did have but I now want to change thing to work on a date.

I want to show a block of text if the date field is less than today's date.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, are you using very last version of MaxBulk Mailer? Have you set the column you will use as 'Date' in the preferences?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, send me a MaxBulk Mailer document that fails on you, I mean, I need to see the error in front of me with a document you have made to reproduce the error. Then I will investigate where the problem comes from, fix the problem and again use you document to confirm the problem has been fixed. The procedure is explained here: I have found a problem - How should I report it?

kev

No what I need is how to get today's date into the statement.

Like...

IF [join date] < [TODAY] = membership expired

or even better: IF [join date] < [TODAY-14] = 2 weeks until you membership expires.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but if you send me a file with everything set so I can reproduce we will earn days.

By the way what are [TODAY] and [TODAY-14] ? What do they mean?

kev

In most other programs I use like Filemaker, you can use GetCurrentDate() to get the system date to work with in calculations.

I just want...

If [membership date] < CURRENT DATE "Your membership has expired" Else ""

Or better still...

If [membership date] < CURRENT DATE-14 "Your membership will expire in 14 days" Else ""

I have not written and code yet. I'm just waiting for your feedback on who I can work with he current date.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer date tag is [Short Date]. This tag represents the current date, short format.