Will MaxBulk Mailer work in conjunction with my dot.com emai

holahola

I use OutLook Express as my email program for my business website here. And my email address is configured through my web host's server to get email based on the site. My question then, is do I set up MaxBulk Mailer:

#1. On my web host's server to use and send out emails?

#2. Or can I simply configure it on my hard drive and
use it on my computer directly?

#3. I can configure it on my hard drive or on my
web host's server

I was always curious as to how this software worked.
Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Will MaxBulk Mailer work in conjunction with my dot.com

MaxBulk Mailer is a desktop application. All it needs is a SMTP server address and the credentials to access that server. That's all. MaxBulk Mailer is not a web software.

holahola

OK stanbusk....so how do I get an SMTP server? Or does the software itself, spider the web at the time a user is doing a send-out? If so, what are the maximum number of email addresses a user can normally send a "blast" to?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Contact your server support and ask for that information. It is private between you and your server.

holahola

In essence, this is why I ask this question....you mean MaxBulkMailer needs to be used in conjunction with my WEBHOST? I.e. I mentioned hosting this site at my webhost up in Canada. So I need to then contact their tech support and ask them about your software, and if it's compatible....correct? If so, can you provide me with an updated link to the best MaxBulkMailer page to show them? Let me know and thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

MaxBulk Mailer only needs a SMTP server to connect to. You need a SMTP server address and your account credentials, that's all. MaxBulk Mailer is a SMTP client. SMTP is the standard for sending emails on the internet. No need to ask for compatibility, just ask for the SMTP address and your credentials, that's all. The MaxBulk Mailer product page is up-to-date, actually all this site is -up-to-date.

holahola

OK, now what is an SMTP server address and what would my account credentials be? Woul:

#1. My account credentials be supplied by MaxBulkMauiler upon buying and downloading/installing the software?

#2. Or should I contact my web host prior to using this program?

#3. When you say "just ask for the SMTP address etc." Do you mean through MaxBulkMailer software / program as I am using it?

Thank you.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

You have to contact your web hosting company and ask for that data. You can do that by phone or email I suppose. Once they tell you the SMTP server address and the credentials just enter them in MaxBulk Mailer, in the settings panel.

holahola

So I do understand then, it's necessary to configure MBM with your web host! This is what I wanted to verify. I assume prior to making a purchanse then, I can contact my hosting company (in Canada) and supply them with details. If so, is there a link regarding the software I can direct them to, so they can review it and verify this? In essence, I want to make absolutely certain....it will be appreciated. Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

There is nothing to verify. You just need to enter the server address and your credentials in the software as you would do with Outlook or any other mail software.

By the way you can use the demo to experiment. It is available here.