Where have all the attachments gone?

Ralph

Hi there,

I honestly tried to become a MaxBulk Mailer User - and I would pay for it :) - but I was disappointed. My very first Bulk Mail for about 100 recipients failed. Oh not completly - just the attachments. That is: Everybody got that nice personal mail but only with the jpg-logo attachment I dragged in the text. They did not get the PDF and the Word-DOC. After my telephone line got hot from lots of reaction calls and responding mails came like 'we didn't get the attachments' or 'could it be that attachments are not your favourite thing?' I tried to drag also the PDF and the DOC in the text like the logo. I tested it with TEST MODE and it worked - for MY personal email address. AGAIN nobody got the attachments :-( What went wrong? (BTW: I used a MAC Powerbook with OS X 10.4)
If I don't get this problem solved I can't use MaxBulk Mail because I don't like the be laughed at...

Cheers

Ralph

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing you have to do right after creating your message is to send a message to yourself so you can check if everything is looking as expected. Sending a message without testing it first is a big mistake. Anyway, what format are you using, plain text? By the way you should read this article form the FAQ: Attachments

Ralph

stanbusk said:
The first thing you have to do right after creating your message is to send a message to yourself so you can check if everything is looking as expected. Sending a message without testing it first is a big mistake. Anyway, what format are you using, plain text? By the way you should read this article form the FAQ: Attachments

Thanks for the advice but when I wrote "I tested it with TEST MODE and it worked - for MY personal email address." I meant I sent the message to myself and I MYSELF got every attachment. So why did'nt get the others?

I used FORMATTED TEXT. Could that be the reason? If so why was the test email to myself O.K.?

I read the FAQs; to group doesn't make sense in my case because I want to personalize the email - that's the reason to use MaxBulk Mailer. To upload to my homepage might be a workaround but doesn't solve the real problem. So again: where have the attachments gone? Who ate it? ;-)

Thanks
Ralph

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
HTML with attachments can give problems. I mean, some mail readers may have problems showing those attachments. So as you say, yes, it can be the problem. I would recommend not to send attachments in that mode others that inline pictures. The solution is to use Plain Text messages *or* use URLs to your attachments stored on your site. By the way, you will never see HTML newsletters with attachments.