Verify>STOP> and then Start again

Jungles

1. It is weird as this function re-verifies all data. (it doesn't applies to Valid addresses though....just everything else is tarting to recheck again from the scratch)
What I want' is just to keep going where program left the task while pressing STOP. So, what I need is sort of pause functionality.

Is there any way to accomplish what I want? And isn't that Reset Button is for that it actually rechecks and resets everything?

2. - IF my port 25 is blocked - Will eMail Verifier report BAD addresses or not?

3. - are Found - Timeout Addresses useful for sending e-mails and considered to be bad or good?

4. - why the Found - Timeout and No Response - Unable To test - both are having Yellow icon. Are they really the same? Are they both bad/good? How to segment them out if one of those categories is good/bad?

5. - The website link where to check the 25 Port is showing me that you can bye that domain. What does it mean? That my port is Open or not?

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. It is weird as this function re-verifies all data. (it doesn't applies to Valid addresses though....just everything else is tarting to recheck again from the scratch)
What I want' is just to keep going where program left the task while pressing STOP. So, what I need is sort of pause functionality. Is there any way to accomplish what I want? And isn't that Reset Button is for that it actually rechecks and resets everything?
If you stop, wait a while and start again, eMail Verifier will verify everything except the addresses that got a clear result.
2. - IF my port 25 is blocked - Will eMail Verifier report BAD addresses or not?
eMail Verifier will report 'Unable to test ' errors. Only the validation by rules will work.
3. - are Found - Timeout Addresses useful for sending e-mails and considered to be bad or good?
Timeout addresses are considered as 'Unable to Test'.
4. - why the Found - Timeout and No Response - Unable To test - both are having Yellow icon. Are they really the same? Are they both bad/good? How to segment them out if one of those categories is good/bad?
All the same actually, eMail Verifier is unable to test so it is enable to tell you if the address is good or not.
5. - The website link where to chec...at does it mean? That my port is Open or not?What link is that?

Jungles

So, long story short:

The best is to never stop the program till all data haven't been collected - other vice the program will "redo" a lot of things that already has been done - Correct?

"Unable to test" results might still have a lot of valuable addresses - because it is impossible for program to test those - correct?

If 25 port is blocked - the program will not tell you bad addresses but instead bad addresses will go to "unable to test" + all validation rules set will work - correct?

And this url that you are referring towards in order us to check our 25 port - port25.icannotconnect.com

So, what I will be able to see if the port will be blocked and what not? - please, elaborate.

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The best is to never stop the program till all data haven't been collected - other vice the program will "redo" a lot of things that already has been done - Correct?
Absolutely not, it is actually the opposite. Only pending addresses will be verified and eMail Verifier will retry everywhere it got errors. eMail Verifier will never retest an address when the testing was successful whatever the result was. To retest everything you have to click on the 'Reset' button.
"Unable to test" results might still have a lot of valuable addresses - because it is impossible for program to test those - correct?
Exactly, timeouts, connection failures...etc... eMail Verifier can't tell if the address is good or not.
If 25 port is blocked - the program will not tell you bad addresses but instead bad addresses will go to "unable to test" + all validation rules set will work - correct?
Yes, exactly.
And this url that you are referring towards in order us to check our 25 port - port25.icannotconnect.com
It seems the service is no longer available :(
So, what I will be able to see if the port will be blocked and what not? - please, elaborate.
With port blocked you can see bad addresses by syntax and by missing DNS server. You can't do the final test that consists in connecting to each server using that address.

Jungles

Ok. Thanks for the answers.

As far as i see, the best is to use EV to just find the absolutely dead addresses and clean up those. Rest, we can just do not really know.

And yeah, according to you - we absolutely must open the 25 port. Other-vice the data will going to be not relay-able as far as bad addresses goes.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
As far as i see, the best is to use EV to just find the absolutely dead addresses and clean up those. Rest, we can just do not really know.
I totally agree and indeed I wrote little FAQ entry about that: Using eMail Verifier results. Depending on the quality of your list you can get few dead addresses or more that 50%.
And yeah, according to you - we absolutely must open the 25 port. Other-vice the data will going to be not relay-able as far as bad addresses goes.
Yes, this is important if you want to use 100% of the software features.