Valid (R12) why is maxprog marking every email Valid (R12)?

jtorres

I am using Version 3.6, I load my list of 10,000, begin to verify, the 1st 100 more or less it appears to be testing each email and then returning a result of Valid, or Bad, or Not Successful as it should, but then suddenly it just goes very fast and doesnt appear to be actually validating/testing and everything is marked as Valid (R12)...why is this and how can I fix this, otherwise this is'nt working out for me.

Thanks,
Jon

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Valid (R12) why is maxprog marking every email Valid (R1

This is validation by rules. Rules are in the preferences panel. Rules are used with server that always validate emails whatever the email is good or not. You are free to deactivate those rules.

jtorres

stanbusk said:
This is validation by rules. Rules are in the preferences panel. Rules are used with server that always validate emails whatever the email is good or not. You are free to deactivate those rules.

So basically if I have the rules set to mark emails from those domains as valid, it will mark them as valid regardless?

So if I really need verification on if they are valid or not I should uncheck those domains?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Yes indeed. You can activate or deactivate any rule, remove them, add new one...etc... It is explained here.

jtorres

stanbusk said:
Yes indeed. You can activate or deactivate any rule, remove them, add new one...etc... It is explained here.

ah, ok, and I read hat last night, can't believe I overlooked that.

So, aol, yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc, they cannot be validated?

Also, I was wondering, in preferences>advanced, should I check Use Mail Exchanger, or is that not necessary?

And I have it set to Defalult Server (not sure what server that might be), is that the server for my ISP?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Some servers simply say yes to everything, why wasting your time then? I believe they do that in purpose, to avoid people to build lists, I mean, you could create a list of all kind of combinations with a verifier you could create a list of valid emails.

The preferences default are fine. They should work as is. The server in there are the DNS servers. Enter them only if you have problems. By default it will try to use the one set on your computer.

jtorres

stanbusk said:
Some servers simply say yes to everything, why wasting your time then? I believe they do that in purpose, to avoid people to build lists, I mean, you could create a list of all kind of combinations with a verifier you could create a list of valid emails.

The preferences default are fine. They should work as is. The server in there are the DNS servers. Enter them only if you have problems. By default it will try to use the one set on your computer.

Ok, thanks, yeah I just unchecked all the rules, and right now its doing aol emails and it just marks them as "looks valid", console says "connection dropped by server", looks like aol doesnt play well, lets see how hotmails, yahoo's and gmail's work out :)