Using the list

I would like to use the list that is created by email extractor, but it's not in a comma or tab delimited format. Do you have utilities built in to save as - delimited format?

stanbusk said:
The result file is a list of email address, one address per line.

I realize that. That's why the question was "do you have a utility to convert it to comma delimited". I bounce between mac and pc, and can do it with excel, but was hoping you have a utility to do this for me.

I also use Contacts Clinic on my pc, and it allows you to save directly into a folder in your contacts database, which is very nice. But they haven't kept their software currently and doesn't work with anything newer than outlook 2007, nor does it work with mac. So I was hoping to find a solution to having to manually format each list that I create.

Thanks
James

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually there is nothing to limit, you have only one info per line, an email address. You can load it with excel and you will have one single column.

stanbusk said:
Actually there is nothing to limit, you have only one info per line, an email address. You can load it with excel and you will have one single column.

My mac doesn't seem to like it for importing. I'll try the pc version.

Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can add '.xls' to the file and double click on it. It will open in Excel. Is that what you are trying to do.

stanbusk said:
You can add '.xls' to the file and double click on it. It will open in Excel. Is that what you are trying to do.

No, I can open it in excel, and I can cut and paste it into excel. the issue is saving it in a comma delimited format so that outlook can import them. It doesn't seem to be working. It might be a problem with my mac version of outlook. I will try on a pc when I get to my office next week.

When I save it in excel, it seems to keep it as addresses in one column, versus the comma delimited format that I'm used to seeing. Which is all in one cell, separated by commas.