Uploading new list WITH duplicates in place

jgoodnough

Stan,
I need to maintain a list of families that have multiple students registered in classes. The parents use a single email as the main contact info so there is one email for multiple students. I've been trying to upload my lists to my remote server with the "check for duplicates" option turned off but it keeps removing duplicates anyway. I'd like to be able to keep the list remotely so these people can manage their own subscriptions. They're frequently joining and leaving classes so there is lots of activity with subscribing/unsubscribing. Is there any way to accomplish this? Could I use one of the MLM scripts to upload an entire list of names so it would include all the duplicates? I realize these particular families will receive two or more emails but they'll be tailored for their individual children so it makes sense. In fact most families I've spoken with seem to prefer it this way.

BTW...I'm able to maintain the duplicates in my local lists with no problems. It's only when I upload them to the remote server that the dupes are being filtered out.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure duplicates are not being transferred? I mean, have you checked the data directly on MLM?

jgoodnough

Yes. I have repeated this process 3 times. I have a small list of 140 names, including dupes. After I upload the list it gives me a count of 118 names with no dupes. I've tried overwriting the file and double checking that the "check for duplicates" preference is disabled but I keep getting 118 names in the final upload. I also manually deleted the file from the mysql db and re-uploaded but I still got 118 names.

The only thing I haven't done is upload via FTP to my remote server and use the MLM script to install it to the mysql db. Do you think that will make a difference? I had the impression the script was basically the same function as what is built into the MBM recipients interface.

jgoodnough

I uploaded the list using FTP and then the MLM script to install it. I got a good confirmation once the install was complete. However it also told me it located (and removed) duplicates during the install. It seems the script is NOT going to allow me to upload the list with duplicates in place.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I have fixed the problem. You can download new v2.2.4 here. Just upload the lm.php and lm_functions.php files to your server. And if you want you can also upload the '/html/upload_list.php' file as well since I have added a duplicate 'allow/disallow' pulldown menu.