'updating' import preset no longer works

srelan

when you modify an import preset now, it simply adds a new preset with the same name. Which makes it impossibly confusing with multiple presets all titled exactly the same.

Older versions of MBM used to work correctly with the update import preset

ilektro

I have the same issue (reported in thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5506&p=18174&hilit=import+presets#p18174)

Yet for me it's worse : when deleting a preset ("Remove current preset"), it deletes another one, not the one selected. In that way I lost a lot of presets and am unable to manage them in the program. I try to keep track of my queries in an external file from when I reported the issue in July 2011.

Hope there will be a fix. Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What preset is it? Import form a text file, remote import,...? I know you reported that but I was never able to reproduce the problem here.

ilektro

Import from a remoted database > Import Presets

You would need to create a preset, save it, update it
Create some new ones
Create some based on the old ones (Save current preset as) and update those (maybe with similar names)
Hopefully you will already see issues with names that are appearing equal. If you then delete one of those, I hope you see that the wrong ones get deleted.

This is a very difficult problem to explain, and I understand to solve as it isn't easy to recreate the problem.

ilektro

No, the system ends up with all the same names. I saw this morning his it happens (I also updated, deleted and saved as some presets). It happens when cancelling the import and going back in by clicking "Import (database)"

So please try an Import of database > making some Presets > updating > deleting > Saving as > deleting those and then clicking Cancel. Then click Import again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give me an exact step by step procedure that reveal the problem for sure? I am completely unable to reproduce and I don't see any bug in the code :-/

ilektro

That was the step by step :

So please try an Import of database > making some Presets > updating > deleting > Saving as > deleting those and then clicking Cancel. Then click Import again.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Clicking 'Cancel'? On what dialog? I have tried to reproduce here and everything works as expected for me :-/

ilektro

Click "Cancel" and the import dialogue (so you quit the import of records of the database instead of clicking "Import")

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have checks the code again and I don't see any problem. In the present pull-down menu each preset entry has an index, a number. First preset is nº0, then nº1, etc... this is a characteristic of pull-down menus. When you select a preset MaxBulk Mailer remembers its index. When you select the 'Delete' menu, MaxBulk Mailer will delete from the pull-down menu the entry with that saved index.

ilektro

I just tried again and it did it again : it looks like it deletes the correct preset but when I push Cancel and go back trying to import records from a database, other presets have disappeared. I have been doing this routine a couple of times and always get the same result.

I have registered a video in which I do it. Can I send you a link to that?