Unsubscribe php problems

bilsland

I have installed the php unsubscribe script, having a few problems, i'm unsure and unable as to modifying the .dat file, how do you go about doing this? i am receving the following errors on click through:

Notice: Undefined variable: success_text in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 20

Notice: Undefined variable: email in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined variable: email in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 23

Warning: fopen(http://www.39stepsstudio.com/newsletter ... scribe.dat): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 31

Warning: file(http://www.39stepsstudio.com/newsletter ... scribe.dat): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined variable: admin in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 34

Notice: Undefined variable: email in H:\home\39steps\public_html\newsletter\unsubscribe\unsubscribe.php on line 44

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you CHMOD all the files and directory properly as explained in the readme file? Did you make modifications to the 'unsubscribe.php' file?

bilsland

i'm unsure as to modifiying the .dat file, not sure how to do it, it mentions modding it to 666?

I made changes where appropriate in the php file, but only a url change for $filename

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The CHMOD has to be made with you FTP software. Usually you just have to select the file, select the appropriate menu and change privileges.

You only have to change $filename if you have changed the .dat file name or the file will be placed in a different directory. Else just keep it as is. I would say your change was wrongly made because you likely forgot the closing quote or ending ';'.