Unsubscribe not Registering

asta

perhaps related: i did a big mailing to xxx recipients
now when i go to the remote list i see i have xxx minus 30 recipients
did these 30 people unsubscribe?
and if so, why are there no unsubscribes on the statistics page?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like unsubscribes. Do you give an unsubscribe link in your message? I guess people are clicking on it. There is no other way to delete entries from MLM (except you deleting them manually).

asta

Yes, I do have a link to the unsubscribe page and I assume these are unsubscribes . . . I'm just wondering why they would not appear on the "statistics" page as unsubscribes. There my unsubscribes are "0". Could that be because they have not confirmed their unsubscription or something like that?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the [Unsubscribe] tag in your message? It is the only way to get them tracked.

asta

Well, no. As discussed in another thread [Unsubscribe] does not work since it tries to read "remote list" not the proper name of my sql database. My workaround was to provide a link to the html subscribe/unsubscribe page. If the only way to get unsubscription tracking is to use the one-click command, then please can you give your attention to fixing this problem, shared by others, noted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3279

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have never been able to reproduce this issue here and I don't have enough info to make it happen. 2 users have been affected, one of them because he was naming its list 'Remote Lists'. I had no confirmation from the other user since I asked him to give me info to reproduce the problem here. I will make a modification to MaxBulk Mailer to forbid naming lists that way.

I can't fix a problem if I can't reproduce it here. Bug reporting is explained here.

Believe me, it takes minutes to fix a bug as soon as I can reproduce it here.

PoDog

I'm having this same problem and it's frustrating. My hosting is a shared account with GoDaddy. I'm wondering if this is related to the mySQL database setup and perhaps hosting related? Or something is conflicting in the database somehow.

Is there anything within the mySQL database I can investigate, or mail it to you to see what/where this 'Remote Lists' is coming from?