UnSubscribe issues

X-USMC

You instructed me to attach the tag "Unsubscribe" to my web page when sending it out. I have done so and this is what has happened.

1) In MaxBulk Mailer, I will populate the list from "Remote Lists". There are only 2 emails in this list as it is a test list.

2) In MaxBulk Mailer, I will select the format: (Plain Text). I will then select tags and choose (Unsubscribe).

3) I will select (Preview) to see the tag. I will copy the tag then attach it to the web page to be mailed.

4) I then publish the web page with the tag to make it permanent and put it to the web.

5) In MaxBulk Mailer, I choose Format: (Web Page). I copy the URL of the web page with the Unsubscribe link to MaxBulk Mailer.

6) I send the web page to the 2 emails in the list.

7) The web page is received perfectly, I click the link to Unsubscribe to test it.

8) The first email in the list will Unsubscribe perfectly and a web page pops up to say, that this email has successfully unsubscribed.

9) When I Unsubscribe from the second email, a web page pops up to say that the first email can not be found. Remember the first email has already been unsubscribed so MLM has removed it. However I am not trying to remove the first one, I am clicking on the link from the second email. The tag only recognizes the first email in the list.

10) surprisingly the second email is unsubscribed. The person Unsubscribing is falsely informed that another email can not be found. This misleads the person. Again, the second email is unsubscribed, but the notification describes another email or the first email in the list as not being found.

11) If I choose the second email to be unsubscribed first, then it notify's me that the first email has been unsubscribed.

12) Basically, the emails are being unsubscribed, but only the first email is being recognized as the email being unsubscribed. If it has already been unsubscribed, I am notified that the email does not exist while it unsubscribes the proper email.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand. Have you write the word '[Unsubscribe]' in that HTML page on your site? I ask that because I am confused about the explanations you give on how you have inserted the tag.

X-USMC

You asked "have I written the word {Unsubscribe} in the HTLM page?"
answer: No, I selected the Unsubscribe Tag which put it on the page to be emailed. I then copied the Unsubscribe tag, pasted it on the web page. I put the web page to the web,