Un-attachments

Tin Drum

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with attachments. The app appears to attach the word document I'm sending, but it doesn't actually send it. So recipients don't get the attachement.
Any ideas?
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What version of MaxBulk are your using? Which operating system? What format are you using for the message? What encoding do you use for the attachment? Is it inline attachment?

Tin Drum

stanbusk said:
What version of MaxBulk are your using? Which operating system? What format are you using for the message? What encoding do you use for the attachment? Is it inline attachment?

It's the latest version, 4.4.1, running on an MacBook Pro, OS X 10.4.6. The message is styled text, using Base64 for the attachment. The odd thing is, there is an inline atttachment, a logo, which works fine. It's the word .doc that isn't getting sent.
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. It doesn't work because you can't send attachments other than inline pictures when using Styled text or HTML. The best you can do is to make your Word file available on your site and insert a link to it on your message *or* use Plain text format.

Tin Drum

stanbusk said:
Ok. It doesn't work because you can't send attachments other than inline pictures when using Styled text or HTML. The best you can do is to make your Word file available on your site and insert a link to it on your message *or* use Plain text format.

Oh that's a shame, I guess I should RTFM. What format would you recommend if I did want to attach a word doc? Would it be possible to have an inline pic and an attachment if I did it another way? I guess I could lose the inline pic if I had to.
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Sending Styled Text or HTML with online picture is called MHTML. MHTML doesn't support attachments other than the inline pictures. It is not a MaxBulk limitation. With Styled Text you can't attach a picture to a URL, you have to sue standard HTML to do that. The best is to simply write the URL of the attachment.