Turn off autofill of transaction Payees

markd

Is there a way to turn off autofill on the Payee/Issuing column in the transactions tab?

It's frustrating when I bring in accounts from an account statement, then want to rename certain payees to keep everything clear and consistent, but I can't because of the autofill 'feature'.

For example:
* The imported bank statement may have entered the payee as 'TEST COMPANY INC 42085'
* Then when I try to rename it to just 'Test Company' the 'INC 42085' is suffixed after it in grey, and when I exit the field it automatically refills to include the suffix as well as putting everything back into ALL-CAPS. Leaving me with 'TEST COMPANY INC 42085' when I just wanted 'Test Company'.

The only work-around I have found for this so far is to add a double space after the 'Test Company' to clear the field. But this solution is inelegant, because it saves the double space, which means 'Test Company ' is saving/exporting, rather than just 'Test Company'.

Is there a setting I'm missing to turn off this 'feature' ?

I've looked in the preferences and thought it might be 'Activate Transaction Auto-Completion' which I've turned off, but the problem continues.

Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried searching the forums, but no-one seems to have mentioned it. Maybe I'm the only one trying to clean up my payees?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I have fixed that for next version. The transaction payee auto-complete will get deactivated after pressing the delete key. That will fix your problem.

markd

Hi Stan,

Have been patiently waiting for the updated version with this feature. Could you possibly give an ETA on when the next version will be available?

Cheers,

Mark.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It will be available mid november. We are adding some new features and we are not done yet.