The application “MaxBulk Mailer” can’t be opened.

lesplan

Hello

I just downloaded the new version and I get:

The application “MaxBulk Mailer” can’t be opened.

When I click.

Running Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite

I've never had this kind of problem before.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

crazylev

I downloaded the dmg and got a strange garbled message about whether or not to open or not. Couldn't read the full warning. I clicked open and then installed as normal. I did have to go into System Prefs>security and privacy to allow the MBM app to be opened the first launch.

Launch is much faster.

The drag and drop function of contacts directly to recipients window is fianlly fixed!!! But you can't drag a "Group" to that window. You just have to select all the contacts from within group. No big deal.

Thanks Stan.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I downloaded the dmg and got a strange garbled message about whether or not to open or not. Couldn't read the full warning. I clicked open and then installed as normal.
It seems there is still a problem with the disk image. I am still investigating. I am experimenting myself very weird behaviors.
I did have to go into System Prefs>security and privacy to allow the MBM app to be opened the first launch.
That's weird since MaxBulk Mailer is being signed with an oficial Apple developer key. Anyway I will rebuild the whole thing and see...
The drag and drop function of contacts directly to recipients window is fianlly fixed!!! But you can't drag a "Group" to that window. You just have to select all the contacts from within group. No big deal.
I will have a look...

dysong3

I tried to install v 8.5.1. After at first succeeding to install and open the new version, now I get constant "application not responding" and I am let with the only choice of a Force quit. So I tried reinstalling version 8.5 and now that is also getting "application not responding". I am using El Capitan10.11.1. What can be done to resolve this?

dysong3

I keep getting "Application not responding" with it being unable to open even with the latest update of 8.5.1. I am using El Capitan 10.11.1. Any ideas for resolving this ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you really download the new file? From our server and not from a cache? The problem you report was fixed last week.

dysong3

The .dmg I am downloading is dated 24 october 2015. That's what I get in when I click on the link above
Just download it here.
Is there any chance this can be cached?

The problems I am having are not connected with not opening, so maybe I should open another thread. I get "application not responding" when I try to export a list or upload to MLM…. Sometimes the export function finally comes through after an hour or more of "application not responding". Is there any maintenance I can do to resolve this? Force quitting and retrying to export or upload does not help. Both functions are troublesome. I am not certain since when but I get the impression, since upgrading to El Capitan.

I was a little hasty saying "the problems I am having are not connected with not opening". Sometimes "application not responding" lasts for an eternity before it opens.

crazylev

Stan,

I think there may be confusion as to which new version is which since the version numbers, 8.5.1, are all the same. Maybe an interim number like 8.5.1.1 or something like that.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We originally port a faulty 8.5.1 version, mainly a problem with the application signature and the disk image. We fixed the problem and upload the disk image again. Since then we haven't received any more problem.

Try to delete all copies of MaxBulk Mailer from your computer, empty the trash, reboot your computer and download again the app [URL http://download.maxprog.com]here[/URL].

dysong3

Sorry but I have been through this process

Try to delete all copies of MaxBulk Mailer from your computer, empty the trash, reboot your computer and download again the app [URL http://download.maxprog.com]here[/URL].

several times and I still keep getting "Application not responding". Any ideas of any further steps I can take to resolve this?

dysong3

I just deleted my MBM preferences and reconfigured everything and that resolved all the issues. Ouf !

However I did get a warning that I would no longer get any more updates. How can that be resolved ?