Test Mode - 1 undelivered?

springsys

In Test Mode -
1) what email address does Test Mode send to? And where might I modify it?
2) why do I get
But: 1 undelivered [Connection dropped by server]

When not in Test Mode -
I do get my one email sent (only one recipient in list)

Streams: 5 [1 Used]
Delivery mode: Bulk (Tag processing OFF)
Groups: 250
Interval: 00:05

Delivery start date: 9/7/2006 at 3:24:14 PM
End date: 9/7/2006 at 3:24:38 PM
Total duration: 23 second(s) - Retries: 0/10
Rate: 0.04 recipient(s)/second

to a total of: Test Mail
Sent: 0
Failed: 0 (Bounces not included!)

Mail subject: test
Mail priority: Normal
Return receipt: No
Mail format: Styled Text [ISO-8859-1]
Mail size: 7 Bytes (Doesn't include attachments)
Attachments: none

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In test mode, the message is sent to the address you have set as the sender in the settings panel. I do not know why you get an error but the connection log should help a lot. Look for a 550, 553 or 554 error.

Maneki-neko

I'm getting exactly the same problem as springsys.

to a total of: Test Mail
Sent: 0
Failed: 0 (Bounces not included!)

the above But: 1 indelivered ... is baffling. It keeps on cropping up. Earlier on this afternoon I sent off a mailing without any problems. I had to resend this evening because of an omission, but after adding the omitted information two things happened. One was the above, seen in the Delivery Report. The other was that when trying to have browser preview, a new browser window opened but it was empty. The plain text preview displayed as it usually did.

I haven't seen any error messages anywhere in the Delivery Report.

I opened an old mailing and html previewed fine!!??

I'm using Styled Text as I generally do. I have reset the status. Version is 4.4.4

What is happenning? This is the first occurrence in my three years of using MBMailer. I haven't updated the OS or anything else in the six hours since the 1st send and the attempted 2nd send. Have tried deleting preferences too.

As the html browser preview opens a new window reading from temporary items folder file:///private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/temp565001.html might the empty preview problem be that MBMailer is not writing to this folder? or something in that vein?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the time you can see the undelivered reason in the connection log. You should get an error 550, 551, 553... and then an error message. What error number and message do you get in your log.

The empty preview is not an error but a sign that in your list there is no recipients left to be delivered.